Best option for underwater video hands-free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm partial to mask mounts since that makes things easier in terms of making sure you're capturing what you see. You do however, have to get used to not looking around as much though to capture good video that does not induce motion sickness in the audience.

Thanks @maadJurguer
Is this a mask mount with a gopro or is there a better option?

So I'm using a Paralenz which includes a mask mount with the camera...not sure about gopro, but I do know they have them for folks. The mount I use mounts on one side or the other, rather than up top.

So I'm using a Paralenz which includes a mask mount with the camera...not sure about gopro, but I do know they have them for folks. The mount I use mounts on one side or the other, rather than up top.

Do you have an examples of video from this camera mounted on the mask uploaded that I could check out to see how it looks?

Do you have an examples of video from this camera mounted on the mask uploaded that I could check out to see how it looks?
So here is a video I cut which contains a combo of handheld and mask mount....but since it was done a while back, I can't remember which segments are which now. I am currently going over my video from Palau which I just got back from and my memory is clearer on which is which...I'll post that up in a separate reply once I get home. Make sure to choose the higest resolution and maximize the window when you play it back because it was shot in 4k if you want the full effect.

So here is a video I cut which contains a combo of handheld and mask mount....

Your video is very smooth. I would have expected more shake with handheld or mask mount. My handheld sports camera videos rarely as steady and smooth. Are you using in-camera stablisation or applying that in post-production?

Back
Top Bottom