Best PCB Inshore Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I spoke with a dive shop. It seems 3 tank trips and night dives are hard to sell.

Seems the shop favored 2 tank trips. Guides were $85.

Are night dives around PCB worthwhile?

PCB is mostly wreck and artificial reef diving - so I would say night dives wouldn't be extraordinary vs diving on natural reefs.

I did a 3 tank trip with Panama City Dive Center last fall, but I've also found 2 tank trips are the norm. If you want to maximize diving, some shops will run a morning and afternoon trip. You'd have a multi-hour surface interval between trips just due to transit time to and from the dock to offgas so NDL's shouldn't be an issue.

the red sea is relatively new, it was sunk a few years ago. didn't take long to attract a lot of life.

we did a night dive on it & had an eagle ray swim under us during the safety stop.

yeah, most charters will be 2 tanks & night dive charters not common. every time I've done a night dive there I had a great time but they were always special deals arranged in advance.

Thanks for info. It would be awesome to see something like that. Maybe, I'll be able to find something once I get closer to the dates I'll be down there.

Has anybody been able to get a package deal from a dive shop in PCB for like 3 2-tank trips and gear rental?

Thanks.

if you have enough of a group you can book a boat to do what you want. if you're just 1 or 2 divers you generally get stuck with what ever the trip happens to be. the times we did night dives, it was planned as a group in advance.

Red Sea is nice as some have already indicated. I like the bridge spans too.... most have a school of Goliath Grouper on them. If you are first in the water or the last up, they will come in close to investigate which is a pretty special experience. However, if there are a lot of divers at once or if you try to chase them, the GG's will scatter and you won't interact them.

The Hovercraft is small but has some cool macro life. Mantis shrimp are in the sand on the shore side of the wreck. It also has resident Goliath Grouper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom