Best place in South East Asia to do my IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padi Instructor Development Course (IDC) starts every month. If you like to chance your life style, if you like the have the ocean as your office this is the way to go.
Oceans 5 is a Padi 5 star Instructor Development (IDC) dive resort located on Gili Air. Gili Air is part of the famous Gili Islands, North West Lombok. The diving around the islands offers diving for everyone. If you like big fish (sharks, bumpheads, trevallies, etc), small stuff (nudis, seahorses, pipefish) or turtles.
It is a perfect place to start your IDC. The island is not that busy as Bali or Gili Trawangan, but has enough bars and restaurants to have in the evening a nice drink or dinner.
Oceans 5 dive resort conducts every month IDCs. The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is a 10-12 day program that enables Divemasters and leaders from other training organizations to achieve their dream of teaching scuba diving using the PADI system. The IE will be held on the Gili Islands.
During the IDC you will use the latest teaching techniques, the complete system of PADI support materials, and will be continuously assessed on your teaching and presentation skills.
PADI Course Director Camille Lemmens, Padi Course Director Sander Buis and our team of IDC Staff Instructors are committed to your success at the Instructor examination (IE). They also want to make sure that you are comfortable with teaching afterwards. The Instructor program at Oceans 5 Dive Resort exceeds the minimum required by PADI in terms of time and number of presentations you will prepare.
The program is taught in a dedicated classroom, the confined water sessions are held in a 25 meter swimming pool and the open water sessions are only 5 minutes away from the dive shop. Our facilities will enable you to study and prepare in a relaxed and chilled atmosphere. Gili Air is so relaxed because there are no motorbikes, no cars and no dogs on the island.
Before the IDC there is an IDC preparation. Normally this takes 3-4 days, but it is no problem if you come earlier. During these days your diving skills and dive theory will be brushed. Also after the IDC it is possible to assist instructors on courses so you will get the feeling how a course will be conducted.
Maximum of students of an IDC is 8 candidates. The average of 2012 was 4-5 students each IDC. Oceans 5 dive resort has a 100% passing rate of the IE.
All the candidates of Oceans 5 dive resort found a job in the dive industry. Mostly they found a job on the Gili Islands, not long after they passed their IE.
After the IE there is a possibility to do a prep MSDT program. Oceans 5 offers a lot of instructor specialties, but the most popular ones are Nitrox, Deep, Digital Underwater Photography, Oxygen Provider, Night, and Sidemounting. But there are others you can choose of. It depends about how many dives you have to do for each specialty yo choose how long the prep MSDT takes.
Why is Oceans 5 dive resort different than all the other IDC centers?

• Oceans 5 dive resort is the only dive centre in the Gili Islands that has 2 course directors.
  • Oceans 5 dive resort is well aware of hisenvironment.
  • Oceans 5 dive resort organizes every week reef and beach clean ups in the harbor of Gili Air.
  • Oceans 5 dive resort has a turtle nursery for injured turtles. With an In -The-House marine biologist Oceans 5 likes to bring some knowledge to the IDC candidates.
  • Oceans 5 dive resort offers during the IDC a free marine biology class.
  • Oceans 5dive resort is also the only Padi dive center in Asia that is awarded with the Padi Accessibility Award, that means that Oceans 5 can teach and has the possibilities to teach or guide disabled divers.

New IDC venue of Koh Lipe, in South West Thailand. Stunning little island.
Next IDC date 4 March 2016.

For more details
www.scubadivekohlipe.com
Www.divemasterthailand.net

With any luck you'll become part of the community here and share information that's valuable to the SB membership as an active participant.

Unfortunately, however, based on your user profile it looks like you prefer to swing by SB every three-to-four years, share a post about your latest IDC training venture, and then vanish for another three or four years.

Looking forward to seeing you again before 2020!

:)

Hi ScubaBoard Peeps

I'm looking for the best place in South East Asia to do my IDC later this year, that will leave me in best standing to find work anywhere in the world.

I'm from the UK but am currently living in Thailand (4 years now!), i did my PADI DM over 10 years ago in Australia and have worked all over the world but have not worked in diving in the last 2 years.

If anyone can suggest a good school somewhere that dose not have big classes, also some awesome dive and that can help with finding work after the course.

Any input would be helpful

Hi,

Please have look here: Choose One of the Best IDC on Koh Tao in Thailand - Sairee Cottage Diving Koh Tao Thailand and email email us for more information at: gopro@saireecottagediving.com

Hi! Have you thought of doing your IDC on Koh Tao, Thailand? The island boasts a number of beautiful dive sites (including the best one in the Gulf of Thailand) and an array of marine life. I have just completed my Divemaster and IDC on the island with Sairee Cottage Diving and had the best experience with them! Their equipment and facilities are in great condition and everyone is so friendly and helpful. The course director Marcel van den Berg really knows his stuff!!! Check out http://www.idckohtaothailand.com or http://www.saireecottagediving.com/instructor-development-course-idc-koh-tao-sairee-cottage-diving-koh-tao/ or email gopro@saireecottagediving.com for more information.
Best of luck :)

Last edited:
Hi there, I've included a link here to our IDC webpage. We offer courses every month, with packages available for OWSI, MSDT and Staff Instructor. If you have any questions about training, travel, visas etc please send us an email at info@djldiving.com and we will be happy to help

Back
Top Bottom