Best place to dive during Easter holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diogoo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are two couples with little experience certified divers (most OW ad one AOW with bt. 10-30 dives each) and we are going on holidays bt the 5th and the 18th of April and wanted to dive. Nice beaches or places to visit would also be nice.
We have dived in Bunaken/Bangka and in the Maldives and we were thinking of going to the Philippines (PG or Malapascua) but from what I read there are lots of local tourists during this time in the Philippines.
We like diversity and colorful corals, fishes and creatures. Big ones are not required but would be a plus. We are not interested in drift dive because we prefer places without much current.
Do you have any recommendations for this time of the year?

Easter is one of the peak season in travelling in Philippines but most local can't afford scuba diving.
PG and Malapascua will be very busy for sure. Probably same apply to every dive destination around SE Asia.
The main attraction in Malapascua is the thresher shark at Monad Shoal but it is an advanced site ie beyond recommended depth for OW diver.
PG is a good all rounder but the huge influx of commie chinese and Korean do spoil the fun.

Anilao is my suggestion. This is the macro capital in Philippines.

Thank you Centrals. I'll have a look into Anilao
What about places in other countries, maybe not christian ones, so they are less crowded?

Most divers who come to SE Asia over Easter are from outside the area. I can't imagine places in Indonesia(mainly Muslim but Christian in Manado and Hindu in Bali), Malaysia(Muslim) and Thailand(Buddhism) would be immune for the influx of the "infidel".

Dear Diogoo,

Greetings from Kris at Marco Vincent dive resort, we are based on White Beach which is around 15 minutes drive from Puerto Galera town. Kindly consider spending your Easter vacation with us.
Easter is a busy time in the area but we have over 50 dive sites in our area and we take you to places where you won't see any other divers at all. Please let me know if you have any questions.

You can visit our website www.mvdive.com to check our facilities.

Kind regards from Kris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom