Best place to put the dessicant pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got the the Sea and Sea DX-2G camera and have only had it in the water a few times. Our water temps are still pretty cold and on my last dive the camera fogged up bad and did not clear up until the dive was almost over. I had a moisture muncher in the camera case that I set in near the flash but it still fogged up. It was the only place that it would fit. The moisture muncher was not pink but not dark blue so I am not sure if the moisture muncher just did not have enough desiccant to keep the camera from fogging.

I have the desiccant packs from Sea and Sea but have not used them. I am wondering were the best location would be to reduce the fogging. Should I just put a few packs around the camera or put one on the case before I set the camera in (near the lens but off to the side).

Where do you guys put the moisture packs to avoid fogging?

I put mine underneath the camera towards the front of the housing. Coincidently, today was the first time I did not put it there and the lens fogged up. Air temp 80+, water temp 43.

I have the DX-1G which is very similar to the 2G. I put mine at the bottom of the housing just underneath the camera and have never had a problem with fogging.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, do you mean underneath|bottom of the camera as in if the case was opened and laying on a table the desicant would set in and then the camera on top of that or the desicant is put in at the bottom of the camera by the battery compartment.

I did not get a chance to try it out this weekend since it rained on Monday. Going to cali tomorrow and would hate to lose pics because where to put the desicant.
Thanks again for your help.

Luckydays, I put the camera in the housing and then slip the desicant between the bottom of the camera and the bottom of the housing (bottom meaning where the battery compartment is located). There are two plastic bars inside the housing at the bottom that the camera fits on top of and I put the desicant between the bars. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom