Best places to go diving & things to see in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey RJ,

thanks for posting the pics last time you went to the PI. If not tubbataha, there's Bohol, Dumaguete, and Sogod Bay (for the whalesharks) that I recommend.

@Rhoody Good points. I like the way you are thnking about the situation.
---------------------------------
@Rogersea and @Rhoody

Bouyancy? I usually dive with about 2 weights, and my bouyancy is about level. Or am I missing something, not fully understanding? Isn't my bouyancy something I can easily workout once in the water with my BC and weights?

Another question, what is it about Nitrox? Doesn't Nitrox just allow you to stay down longer and dive deeper?

Just a follow on to what Codman said.... being able to control/master your bouyancy not only makes your dive more enjoyable, less tiresome it also helps reduce the amount of coral you might crunch, or the likely hood that you will run into some possibly nasty bottom dwelling critter.... hey good luck on what ever you choose

and Codman had a great explanation of the benifits of EAN, I only use it if I am making many dives..

Cheers

Cheers

So where do you all recommend staying in Bohol that is a mid range type of hotel/resort---with a dive outfit on the premises if possible?

Back
Top Bottom