Best places to go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ashtree68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What are some good places within the continental US? Looking for a semi secluded/less know spot that won't be over flowing with people on their spring breaks to go while I'm on my spring break. Would like to have warmer water, doesn't have to be corals and all that, but just some diving with more vis than Haigh Quarry. Been itching to get back into the water and after all the snow we've been getting need to go somewhere warmer. I'll be going around March 21-25th.

Thanks for the advice.

If you want to stay in the US 48, your best bet is probably The Keys or Key Largo. Never been there myself, but is supposed to be wonderful.

Big fan of Key Largo. Short boat rides, tons of ops, great reefs with lots of life, plus they are barrier reefs so even when the seas are rough, it's pretty calm. 35 ft average depths on most of dives so lots and lots of bottom time.

Fly into Ft Lauderdale, get a car and drive down, hour and a half drive. I always dive with Silent World, love them. They can also help you find a place to stay, including a couple cheap places if you're looking to save a buck. There will be people there, but it's not a spring break place, it's a drinking town with a diving problem. Boaters, fishermen and divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom