Best Places to Night Dive - Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMAE

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where is your favorite place to night dive in Grand Cayman? I have done a night dive at Macabuca - Turtle Reef but am wanting to explore more options. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Where is your favorite place to night dive in Grand Cayman? I have done a night dive at Macabuca - Turtle Reef but am wanting to explore more options. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
I am assuming that you are asking about shore dive options for a night dive? If so, then in addition to Turtle Reef, I would probably choose Sunset House. It is a very nice, easy and safe night dive and then you can come out of the water to dry off and change into some clothes and enjoy a nice meal and/or libations at My Bar. That is a must do, in my opinion, if looking for a night dive from shore.

Edit/Note: You will need to get to Sunset House prior to the dive shop closing, which is around 5pm or 5:30pm at the latest, in order to get your tanks. So, maybe get there a 1/2 hour before the shop closes to get tanks and then go have dinner at My Bar and watch the beautiful sunset. Once the sun has gone down, gear up and dive. After the dive, clean up and have a cocktail before heading back to wherever you are staying-- or any variation thereof.

Thanks Trailboss! I will check it out on Thursday night! I am also going to try to dive the Kittiwake at night as I think that would be awesome :)

Thanks Trailboss! I will check it out on Thursday night! I am also going to try to dive the Kittiwake at night as I think that would be awesome :)
It is an awesome night dive! I have done it and really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom