Best places to snorkel off of the shore, Grand Turks, Tortola, Nassau, and Catalina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstclair

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going on a cruise next week with my wife, some friends, and all of our kids. I have a six year old daughter who I am trying to get to do some snorkeling while we're on the islands. We have stops on Grand Turks, Tortola, Nassau, and Catalina.

I am hoping to find a nice spot on at least one of those islands where we can do some snorkeling off of the beach and see some coral, fish, etc. in not-too-deep of water. Any suggestions?

Wish I had time/money to dive on this trip, but I actually think I'll have more fun if I can get my daughter snorkeling. Funny how your perspective changes with kids...

Much appreciated! Been awhile since I've been on the board. I've got tanks out for hydro now and am hoping to get back in the water soon.

Best,
Brian

Thanks diversteve - there are some good links in there. I'm actually hoping for more of just a beach that happens to have good snorkeling off of it, as opposed to a paid snorkeling excursion (boat-arranged or otherwise). I'll be mildly surprised and very thrilled if Liv actually snorkels - she's afraid of sharks :) - so I guess I'm primarily looking for a nice beach to relax at and good snorkeling would be gravy.

Thanks again!

Best,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom