Best price on a Mares Quad, non AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy divers!

I'm looking to get a backup to my dinosaur Edge that I love so much. I've been looking for something small but very readable (my close-up vision isn't what it used to be!), easy & quick to use, and doesn't break the bank.

It seems a lot of people like the Quad and the display is great & simple for rec diving..

Where is the cheapest place to find the standard Quad? Seems like 350.00 is the cheapest at Amazon, LP or scuba.com

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks! Didn't know that was an option.

Also...

Am I seeing that right on the Quad that it is a set program and not user adjustable for any more or less conservative/liberal?

it has a personal safety factor setting to make it up to 2 levels more conservative. p0 is the default and most liberal, p1 is more conservative, and p2 is the most conservative. so you can make it more conservative, but not more liberal.

just to update for anyone else that might be looking for one of these.

I called LP direct and they quoted 254.99 with free shipping and no sales tax to Nevada.

I popped for it...will use it in June on our Little Cayman trip for the first time. There are some good youtube videos on setup if you are interested in taking a look.

just to update for anyone else that might be looking for one of these.

I called LP direct and they quoted 254.99 with free shipping and no sales tax to Nevada.

I popped for it...will use it in June on our Little Cayman trip for the first time. There are some good youtube videos on setup if you are interested in taking a look.

That’s a great price for sure. I purchased mine on eBay directly from Italy. I paid $270 shipped. When I contacted LP they wouldn’t go below $299 so I bought from the Italian dealer. This was in November. I love mine. I did add the screen protector.

Enjoy. My son dives the quad, solid computer. Runsongas is correct, it has 3 different levels of conservatism. It is set at P1 and runs slightly more liberal than my Suunto, but we dont like to push ndl's and it works for us. We aren't the first to call a dive because of NFL, air consumption maybe. Either way we adjust our profile to make it work for the group. It is fairly easy to operate and navigate menus. We read instructions and played with it for a little over an hour and had a solid understanding of the computer. Have a blast in the caymans

Leisure Pro, I believe. They took over Scuba.com, I think, and now use that website for sales.

I am sure others can confirm/deny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom