Best Regulator set up for under 500$ (1st stage, 2nd stage, and octo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the scientific method used in those last two posts. Nice, hard numbers to base decisions on are always good.

I live in West Virginia, I plan on doing recreational diving, but could easily see myself getting more involved in the sport. My LDS carries Tusa and Sherwood but even so they don't have much to offer in store. I would be okay with buying online.

I have realized there is no "best" but with that being said I mean highest quality for that price range. My LDS also has no where to demo anything so I am really kind of flying blind.
Phil, just read your post. I have excellent lightly used well matained. I have to give up diving. Just had back surgery in may. Text me if your interestd for more info. > have EVERYTHING you would need for recreational diving. Jim 5099883290

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

For the money, you can not go wrong with a Sherwood regulator set-up, you can get these serviced pretty much anywhere, commencing with your LDS.

The OP was looking for the best in his price range. While Sherwood regulators are reliable and easy to service they are not great breathers. Sherwood uses "classic downstream" second stages which are not as good as the "barrel poppet" designs of other manufacturers. Hog, Hollis, Dive Rite, would be better breathers in a similar price range.

Back
Top Bottom