Best rEvo sensor configuration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tomfcrist and @JohnnyC with bmcl's of some variety it's easier. With OTS lungs you'd have to take the single hose that goes to the solenoid and split it to put the inline shutoff in. Clunky solution for a relatively easy software fix.... If you have a mav block like that it's pretty inconsequential, but on OTS it would be really ugly, plus it still doesn't fix the onboard deco problem which the software correction would.

I agree...but dude bought a Revo...it’s bmcl.

I’ve seen some OTS in-lines that weren’t too clunky...but you are correct that it doesn’t fix the deco algorithm.

Personally, if I have 2 cells current limited, I’m going to try to run manual at a PpO2 that all the cells can handle...ie 1.0.

I’ve seen some OTS in-lines that weren’t too clunky...but you are correct that it doesn’t fix the deco algorithm.

Personally, if I have 2 cells current limited, I’m going to try to run manual at a PpO2 that all the cells can handle...ie 1.0.

true, and like I told @stuartv most people run a 1.0 or 1.1 because of the HUD so it'll be fine. That is up until you have an hour+ deco obligation and have to bang it up to 1.5-1.6 to clear everything then it starts getting wonky, but either way, he has a Revo, I have a Meg, not much can be done about that

The way I read it, you were worried about gettin a bad deco schedule due to the controller voting out the good cell...

What I’m saying is that the bad deco schedule is inconsequential if you aren’t alive to do deco

I gotcha. My bad. In my mind, that problem had an obvious solution, so I mentally moved onto the next question.

My understanding is, when the controller tells you it has voted out one cell, then you do the following:

- drop the setpoint

- dil flush

- mental arithmetic to determine what your sensors should be reading, compared to what they actually are

At that point, you can (hopefully) decide which sensors are good or bad.

If there are 2 bad and the good one has been voted out, then you leave the setpoint low and fly it manually. Or, hopefully, the cells are current limited, but not TOO limited and you can just run a lower setpoint that is in the working range for all 3 cells.

I didn't spell it out before. But, in my mind that was where I went and then was left with the issue of the deco schedule if you are flying on manual and 2 sensors are reading way off.

What exactly does that mean?

Are you saying you would continue your dive, running a SP of 1.0 on the bottom (versus ending the dive as soon as you realize you have 2 limited cells)?

Do you run 1.0 all the way through deco, too?

Are you saying you would continue your dive, running a SP of 1.0 on the bottom (versus ending the dive as soon as you realize you have 2 limited cells)?

if they behave at 1.0 and get voted back in around there, you don't have a choice if you want to run it manually with the onboard deco. You usually don't realize you have current limited cells until deco though if you are running at 1.0-1.1 ish

As Tom alluded to, it just means if I can make the cells work properly at a lower PpO2...I can still use the deco algorithm of the controller.

Continue the dive? Sort of. If you are in a cave you could turn around and still be an hour swim from the entrance....on a wreck dive, dive is over...start deco.

You can run a low PpO2 through most of deco...then turn off your dil and use it as an O2 rebreather at 20’ if that floats your boat...the backup computer should give you a good deco schedule as long as you tell it what you are doing.

I gotcha. My bad. In my mind, that problem had an obvious solution, so I mentally moved onto the next question.

My understanding is, when the controller tells you it has voted out one cell, then you do the following:

- drop the setpoint

- dil flush

- mental arithmetic to determine what your sensors should be reading, compared to what they actually are

At that point, you can (hopefully) decide which sensors are good or bad.

If there are 2 bad and the good one has been voted out, then you leave the setpoint low and fly it manually. Or, hopefully, the cells are current limited, but not TOO limited and you can just run a lower setpoint that is in the working range for all 3 cells.

I didn't spell it out before. But, in my mind that was where I went and then was left with the issue of the deco schedule if you are flying on manual and 2 sensors are reading way off.
Mental math? The Shearwaters will tell you what the dil po2 is at your current depth. Much easier and imo safer too.

Mental math? The Shearwaters will tell you what the dil po2 is at your current depth. Much easier and imo safer too.

I thought that might be the case. But, reading the CC section of the manual is still on my To Do list.

they do it in OC tec mode as well smack dab in the middle of the screen. @stuartv in CC I think it's on screen 2 when you click over, but it will always give you ppO2 of the gas you have selected. If you use your Perdix, it will also give you the dil ppO2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom