Best Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought they made them up until 6 years ago but perhaps I'm thinking of another company. It's what we bought after getting tired of trying to find decent galvies in the sizes we wanted on the used market. We needed hp100s for me and hp80s for my wife. Love the tanks. No weight needed with a kydex plate.

Yes the hot dipped galvanized was introduced in around november.

Please for EU market, is that similar to Faber or totally a different thing:

DIR Twin Deepstop Edition - Deepstop GmbH

"The bottles are thermally galvanized, polished, and the tan-bands are coated to avoid galvanization in salt water. The resulting zinc coating has proved to be optimal rust protection, and can really only be removed mechanically again."

OP,

I have several set of LP85's. They are great tanks for side mount and they work wonderfully. However, they only really make sense in central and north Florida (aka cave country). Around here pretty much all of the shops that cater to cave divers are going to give you a cave fill.

The really problem is once you get outside of cave country your LP 85's are going to get a standard fill. That means that they're going to hold little more air than a pair of AL80's.

Personally, if I were in your shoes I'd opt for a pair of HP 100's like tBone suggested. You're going to get the same approximate amount of gas that a pair of cave fills LP85's would provide but you can get those filled just about anywhere without getting hassled by the shop.

If I get another pair of side mount tanks they will be HP100's for no other reason that having a traveling tank at my disposal.

Back
Top Bottom