Best time for liveaboard Galapagos? Hammerheads? Online sources are very contradictory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your questions are why it is good to book with someone who knows the destination really well. You do not pay one dime more and often, we have savings you could not get on your own. The first simple question to ask who you're booking with is: Have you ever dived Galapagos? And ps, we love talking about diving the Galapagos.

Sorry, but I always hear stories from liveaboard operations about people not having the right info, etc. It can turn into complaints they have to deal with and they don't like that. It is a remote destination so it helps to deal with someone who knows the destination. It is only an advantage for you with zero disadvantage.

A number of people have lots of experience offering dive travel to Galapagos. We happen to be the only one who doesn't offer any other destination than Galapagos. It's a niche, but we know our little corner pretty well.

thanks a lot for the replies! I eventually decided on Socorro with the Rocio del Mar, mid November!! Have had great interactions with some operators and will go to Galapagos next year

I hope that it is not a breach of forum etiquette to bump an old thread, but the topic is exactly what I would ask if I were to start a new thread.

Does anyone have any updated information? I'm assuming if enough people post videos saying "I was there in month X, and this is what I saw..." we can eventually get a profile for hammerhead density.

Has anyone gone twice - in different times of the year?

Of course, a link to a formal biologist's study would be ideal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom