Best travel reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi so I am working overseas right now and plan on traveling with my dive gear around the world while I'm out here. That being said I am looking on recommendations on the best gear but also keeping it lightweight. I'm not particular about a specific brand and am more than willing to mix brands to get the best end product. I will be doing both warm and cold water as well as deep water and wreck diving so something that works best for these. Thanks for any input and insight. My eye are going crossed with trying to research it all.

Aqua lung mikron, super light, great breather, small and serviced anywhere. They pack super small with the miflex hoses.

I agree with Jay - they also have one of - if not the largest worldwide service networks.

Mikron Regulator
As the smallest and lightest regulator in our line up the Mikron regulator is perfect for the traveling diver because of its compact design and excellent breathing performance.

I had a Mikron, very nice regulator, and yes it packs up small and light. An excellent travel choice. As mentioned, the Mikron was a past regulator, the only reason I no longer have it is that I had an opportunity to trade it for a vintage regulator that I found irresistible.

I can resist everything, except temptation. - Oscar Wilde

I have a 2018 Mikron, eariler ones dont have the auto closure device (ACD) so if you see a cheaper one check what model it is. The older version comes with men's (blue) and women's (pink) highlights... the 2018 version did away with this. Its a great reg and with my suunto SPG it weighs 1.2kg with a yoke adapter. It breathes well, I love it.

Hi so I am working overseas right now and plan on traveling with my dive gear around the world while I'm out here. That being said I am looking on recommendations on the best gear but also keeping it lightweight. I'm not particular about a specific brand and am more than willing to mix brands to get the best end product. I will be doing both warm and cold water as well as deep water and wreck diving so something that works best for these. Thanks for any input and insight. My eye are going crossed with trying to research it all.
take a look at scuba force regs.

Another Aqualung Micron and braided Milflex hoses fan here.

take a look at scuba force regs.

What makes these regulators ideal for travel? When looking at weight, how do they compare to:

Aqualung Mikron
Scubapro Mk11 / C370
Apeks XL4

Back
Top Bottom