Best Tusa Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaymeany

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am getting a tusa reg soon and I was curious about the different features of the regs. It is really down to the 460, 340, or 350. Can anyone tell me the real differences between them I'm looking for real life pros and cons not manual specs. Thanks in advance.

The Tusa RS-460 is a Scubapro Mk 16 with some minor cosmetic changes. Great reg and would be my first choice of the three.

Both the 340 and the 350 have the same first stage (R-300) which has a balanced diaphragm, two H.P. ports and four L.P. ports; there is DIN version available. The 340 is the base model with an adjustment breathing knob. The 350 has two second stage filters, the 1st is an active carbon filter which cleans the breathing gas, and the 2nd is a metal fiber filter that catches small particles - according to TUSA, these filters eliminate the need for an adjustment breathing knob.

The 460 uses the R-400 first stage which has a balanced diaphragm and is environmentally sealed. It's rated for cold water and the first stage can be converted from a yoke connection to a 300 bar DIN connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom