Best value location for PADI Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zich6

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for the best value location/company for basic PADI and possibly more advanced certifications. Thanks.

Koh tao, Thailand is probably the best value for learning that I know of. Elearning these days makes it cheaper and easier with padi you can study at home and then do the dive training.
You can probably do the confined water in salt water instead of a chlorinated pool in koh tao.

Have you looked into doing the book work/pool work at home and then getting referral to instructor in Florida (Key Largo) or other tropical destinations you have easy access to?

I looked at Koa Tao and I'm planning to do the PADI elearning then the dive training elsewhere. What I'm looking for is the best value for the dive training. Anyone have experience with Koh Tao?

Best value is normally local. Flying somewhere, booking lodging, eating restaurant food tends to make the certification expensive.

The best value I feel I've gotten is through 1-1 mentorship, hiring a private instructor with decades of innovative experience. It's not the cheapest option, but is in my opinion the best value. For this I have had to travel.

What would define good value to you?

Cameron

I would recommend the study at home. I tried it on an island when on holiday, you end up very restricted with time by the time you eat, divex3, take lessons, sit test, setup gear, dismantle and wash gear, then eat dinner and maybe have a beer, when are you going to study?

Your from Idaho? I’d go to Cozumel, Cayman, Belize or Roatan/Utila....or Michigan :wink:

Best value is normally local. Flying somewhere, booking lodging, eating restaurant food tends to make the certification expensive.

The best value I feel I've gotten is through 1-1 mentorship, hiring a private instructor with decades of innovative experience. It's not the cheapest option, but is in my opinion the best value. For this I have had to travel.

Cameron

OP is in Idaho, so he’s going to have to travel somewhere.

Going somewhere more expensive to save a few hundred dollars on the OW class doesn’t seem to make much sense, unless it was somewhere you were already going to vacation at.

Cameron
Given my location I'm planning on traveling. Best value is typically described as the value of procured goods or services that can be simply described as a comparison of costs and benefits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom