Best video editing software for windows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I took some underwater videos in my paralenz. I wanna edit , merge some of them, what's a free good video editor for windows (they're in my laptop)?

Thx...
Kris

Not free but I use an older version of Movie Studio Platinum, it handles most formats. Sony recently sold the company so older versions show up cheap on Amazon or eBay. I think the current version is around 14 but anything above 9 will work for you. There's a demo version you can try b4 you buy but some features are limited and it may watermark your finished videos when you save them.

I don't think you'll find any free video editors to be any good - no one wants to wirite that much code and then give it away.

I agree, if it is free it isn’t likely to be worth your time.

I use LightworksPro and it isn’t cheap. But the interface is excellent and the output is versatile and great quality.

If you want something easy to get into and use, WeVideo is cloud based, pretty cheap, and very easy to use.

I've used Movie Studio Platinum for years after I abandoned buggy Adobe Premiere Elements

I've been sing the various versions of Vegas. Currently on Vegas Pro 15, which is not cheap. However, there is a basic version at around £40
Video program for beginners – VEGAS Movie Studio
You would only need the Platinum version if you wanted to burn Blu Rays and DVDs, otherwise you would be fine with the studio version.

Many people seem to like DaVinci resolve, although personally I lost patience with the interface (probably more a criticism of me than the prog)
Why don't you download the 30 day trial of Vegas and compare it with Resolve? Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom