Best way to get to Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VzzzBx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning a two-week visit to South Africa for June 2006 and feel like doing some divingh afterward in Mozambique (Tofo). I hoped to be able to find a not too expensive flight from Johannesburg, but I didn't find any good options via internet yet.

Does anyone have tips/recommandations?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

There is a charter flight leaving lanseria airport - www.lanseria.co.za - through a company called charlan air - www.charlanair.co.za - I flew with them to Inhambane (the Town of Tofo) a year ago. THe flight is fairly pricey and flys twice a week. What are your plans while you are in South Africa? Maybe I can offer you a 7 or 10 day tour including Tofo for Diving along with Kruger National Park and a couple of other dive sites along the Mozambique coast line. If you don't come right with the above links have a look at my website www.wildinafricaexpeditions.co.za Click on the link Dive Expeditions and have a look what I offer. June is a really good time to go diving with the Ragged Tooth sharks on the Aliwal shoal in South Africa. But I can taylor make an itinerary for any destination you are interested in. Tofo is a really good place to go dive and I am very well aquainted with the Dive operators there.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Kim
info@africadiving.co.za
www.wildinafricaexpedtions.co.za

I was in Tofo in December. There are no scheduled direct flights to Inhambane from Joburg. You have to fly via Maputo. Expensive I think. You can drive it in about 15 hours in a normal 2WD vehicle.

Colin

Hi Colin

As a tour operator I asure you there is a twice weekly flight to Inhambane. It does not leave from Johannesburg interantional airport but from Lanseria Airport. I live in Johannesburg and have taken this flight myself. December is a really bad time to be trying to get a flight to Inhambane since it is our peak holiday season and the plane is only a 20 seater. Since it is twice weekly and easily booked through Charlan Air, it is considered a scheduled flight. Sorry you were not able to get up to Inhambane in an easier manner- I know it is a hard drive- but if you come south again feel free to contact me in connection with travel arrangements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom