Best way to put on dual wrist seal Dry-Five gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a used DUI CF200 drysuit and love it. It has latex neck and wrist seals. I've read they are not to be folded. My Dry-Five and my Scubapro gloves have dual overlapping seals. Do I put the inner seal inside the DUI wrist seal and the outer seal outside it? That's how I used to wear them with my old Moby drysuit but it had neoprene wrist seals.

I just got a used DUI CF200 drysuit and love it. It has latex neck and wrist seals. I've read they are not to be folded. My Dry-Five and my Scubapro gloves have dual overlapping seals. Do I put the inner seal inside the DUI wrist seal and the outer seal outside it? That's how I used to wear them with my old Moby drysuit but it had neoprene wrist seals.

I have latex wrist seals and just pull the Dry-5 gloves over them.

That's what I've been doing too but I'm getting cold. (The water has been 48 degrees.)

Hi Stilldivin,

Ah...cold hands. We have an article up at DOG TRICKS: A non essential body part? Really? - DUI Online - drysuits that talks about cold hands and how to be the warmest possible. Give that a look. The double wrist seals restrict the blood flow to the hands quite a bit. At some point you could upgrade to wrist ZipRings and use ZipGloves. Very warm hands here.

And the previous post is correct First set your drysuit latex seals. Place the glove latex seals over these.

Hi Stilldivin,

Ah...cold hands. We have an article up at DOG TRICKS: A non essential body part? Really? - DUI Online - drysuits that talks about cold hands and how to be the warmest possible. Give that a look. The double wrist seals restrict the blood flow to the hands quite a bit. At some point you could upgrade to wrist ZipRings and use ZipGloves. Very warm hands here.

And the previous post is correct First set your drysuit latex seals. Place the glove latex seals over these.

OK, thanks. I realized I was using a different brand of dual seal gloves that are not as water proof as Dry-Five gloves. I'll try the Dry-Five gloves next dive with my DUI suit and see how it goes.

In my opinion the Dry-Five style of dry glove is the absolute best. When I need dry gloves with my FLX that's what I use.

You don't need the seal on the glove to be super tight as it's sealing against another latex seal, and make sure to run some bungey or tubing underneath both seals so you can equalize the pressure in the gloves with the suit.

The first couple times you put them on they are a bit tricky but you will get the hang of it. I got to the point when putting them on was no more difficult than putting on wetgloves.

The key is to pull the glove seal way up on the drysuit wrist seal, first on the top side than the underside, than pull the glove gently away from your hand which will flatten out the glove seal which you can verify by looking at how it lays on top of the wrist seal. Once you have the seal situated hike the glove up around your fingers and do the other hand. You can practice a few times at home to get the hang of it, sitting on the couch.

I really like the Dry-Five gloves and wouldn't consider any ring system. They give you tons of flexibility, are comfortable and warm and you can verify the seal on the surface before jumping in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom