Best weather website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I used to love using intellicast.com, until it was bought by Wunderground. Wunderground basically dismantled Intellicast. I now primarily use Windy.com. I like it, but it's not good for showing hurricane information or maps or weather fronts.

What is your favorite weather website?

I use the "MyRadar" application on my iphone and forecast my own weather.

That allows me to determine for myself what the weather will be that day. I don't trust forecasts of over 8 hours, even then they're hit and miss. Looking at the radar with fronts and wind and you can tell exactly what the weather will be for a while.

Ventusky (website) is useful (auto correct messed that up)

Radar Express and NOAA...all u need.

National Data Buoy Center with its link to the Latest NWS Marine Forecast.
NDBC - Station 44033 Recent Data
Other links on the Buoy Center page are good too.

Ventusky (website) is useful (auto correct messed that up)

temp:

upload_2020-7-29_15-17-8.png

wind:

upload_2020-7-29_15-18-10.png

Waves:

upload_2020-7-29_15-18-48.png

Precipitation/lightning:

upload_2020-7-29_15-19-42.png

Radar:

upload_2020-7-29_15-20-29.png

and more....

Windy.com (app and website) are great for visuals. Similar to Ventusky posted above, but Windy has more layers.

I really like the basic weather.gov website for their simple, informative text forecasts. Few places seem to offer written text anymore.

Radiofax charts, though seemingly antiquated, are great once you get up to speed interpreting them. Staying on top of them for a few days gives you a deeper understanding of WHY the weather is doing what it's doing and you get pretty good at making your own forecasts.

Weather underground was great before it got bought and ruined by the weather channel, RIP.

Weather underground was great before it got bought and ruined by the weather channel, RIP.

Yep, it was a good, go-to website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom