Best Wetsuit Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving the Altamas for a couple months now. Great shoe on the boat, on the beach, and in the water . I like that they are less buoyant than my 3mm booties and that they provide support and traction as needed. I dive them barefoot on the boat and add lycra socks when I am doing shore dives.

Bought my usual boot size and they fit just fine. If I wear a lycra sock with a sole then I just remove the insole and they work perfectly.

Here is what I want in a wetsuit boot:
  • Comfortable.
  • Fit my wide ass feet (US Size 12 4E).
  • Fit inside my XL Dive Rite XT Fins.
  • Nice solid non-slip soles for walking over roots and rocks and up and down wood and metal stairs wearing my doubles rig.
What brand should I get?

CS...

Not necessarily the brand shown but all the features...

* At least 5 mm
* Inner zipper
* Toe/instep covering
* Heavy track shoe style sole...for rocky shores...and necessary trekking to site...try to get a sole with a tread that traps as few small pebbles as possible...

This style...properly sized...will also work well with dry-suits with soft feet...I wore this style of wet suit boot with a ScubaPro EverDry 4 dry-suit...much better than dry-suit rock boots that provide no thermal protection...

This style is available by most brands...now is a good time while all the sales are on...$50... should cover the cost...

I wear cotton sport socks inside my wet suit boots to keep dead skin from imbedding into the fabric...socks also will eliminate shoe odour/bacteria...

Happy hunting...

W.W...

Wet Suit Boot.png

I searched and found some good ones. Thanks for the motivation. Mares, Aqualung, Bare brands look the nicest from the pictures. I wonder which ones would fit me the best.

1300.jpg

manta.jpg

BREBUW7.jpg

Called the local Diver's Supply and they said the Mares run big/wide so going for them in a size 12, the 5mm.

Called the local Diver's Supply and they said the Mares run big/wide so going for them in a size 12, the 5mm.

CS...

Barring fitting issues...any of the three you've shown will work great for you...

The Mares have a fin strap cleat...and the instep protection runs right up to the top of the boot...

Best...

Warren...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom