• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Best Wetsuit Boots?

Discussion in 'Exposure Suits' started by CaveSloth, Dec 1, 2019.

1. RogueClimber

RogueClimber ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I've been diving the Altamas for a couple months now. Great shoe on the boat, on the beach, and in the water . I like that they are less buoyant than my 3mm booties and that they provide support and traction as needed. I dive them barefoot on the boat and add lycra socks when I am doing shore dives.

Bought my usual boot size and they fit just fine. If I wear a lycra sock with a sole then I just remove the insole and they work perfectly.

Soloist and Jcp2 like this.
  2. CanadaDan

CanadaDan Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I'm a fan of Bare's heavier soles found on their Tropic or Ultrawarmth boots. Concrete, ladders, rocks, sand... all like walking in regular boots. Not sure of the wide fit though.

BARE Sports Boots for Wetsuits and Drysuits

3. W W Meixner

W W Meixner Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    CS...

Not necessarily the brand shown but all the features...

* At least 5 mm
    * Inner zipper
    * Toe/instep covering
    * Heavy track shoe style sole...for rocky shores...and necessary trekking to site...try to get a sole with a tread that traps as few small pebbles as possible...

This style...properly sized...will also work well with dry-suits with soft feet...I wore this style of wet suit boot with a ScubaPro EverDry 4 dry-suit...much better than dry-suit rock boots that provide no thermal protection...

This style is available by most brands...now is a good time while all the sales are on...$50... should cover the cost...

I wear cotton sport socks inside my wet suit boots to keep dead skin from imbedding into the fabric...socks also will eliminate shoe odour/bacteria...

Happy hunting...

W.W...

Wet Suit Boot.png