Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subie_frank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey! I tried on Waterproof’s 5mm G1 Gloves the other day and I’m totally impressed with the build quality and construction. My only dilemma is that I feel like I’m between sizes Small and Medium.

What’s strange is under the Waterproof sizing chart, I fit Under “Small” with a 8.5in palm size. They feel a little tight but dexterity is good. I tried on Medium and they feel more comfortable but when I make a fist, there’s some dead space around the finger tips. Dexterity isn’t as good as the Small size but still ok.

Which size should I pick? Will the Small gloves loosen underwater and further loosen over time? If I go for the Mediums, will the feel even looser underwater?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Fit is everything.

One thing I hate is when gloves don't fit well...especially when they are tight. I get frustrated trying to get the second one on and situated properly on my hand...then if you have to pull one off to do something getting it back on is just doubly frustrating...if it is hot out and it delays getting in the water it is even more frustrating.

Waterproof makes good products. If you can't be swayed to try different brands to get the best fit then I suggest going with the slightly larger size.

-Z

Thanks for the replies! I may look into other brands, just to see what else is out there. I'm struggling to sway away from Waterproof since their products are solid and well constructed. Which gloves do you guys use? I guess I have time to shop around now since winter came early to Chicago haha! little too chilly out for wetsuit diving now.

Thanks for the replies! I may look into other brands, just to see what else is out there. I'm struggling to sway away from Waterproof since their products are solid and well constructed. Which gloves do you guys use? I guess I have time to shop around now since winter came early to Chicago haha! little too chilly out for wetsuit diving now.

I never liked the Waterproof gloves because the zipper was a headache. Also, the way their fingers are constructed meant no dexterity for me. I use Fourth Element gloves on the odd occasion when I use wet gloves with my drysuit. I only use the 3mm gloves. They are very warm with good dexterity.

I take a small, as well.

Since you’re in Chicago, run down to DRIS in Plainfield to try them on.

I never liked the Waterproof gloves because the zipper was a headache. Also, the way their fingers are constructed meant no dexterity for me. I use Fourth Element gloves on the odd occasion when I use wet gloves with my drysuit. I only use the 3mm gloves

The zipper definitely makes them pretty thick around the cuff area. Wearing them underneath a 7mm wetsuit adds a fair amount of bulk. I might head to DRIS to try the Fourth Element's on. Thanks!

The zipper definitely makes them pretty thick around the cuff area. Wearing them underneath a 7mm wetsuit adds a fair amount of bulk. I might head to DRIS to try the Fourth Element's on. Thanks!

On the very occasional times I dive wet, my gloves go on the outside of my wetsuit. It never even occurred to me to tuck them under! I have a 7mm Bare Evoke with built in seals.

On the very occasional times I dive wet, my gloves go on the outside of my wetsuit. It never even occurred to me to tuck them under! I have a 7mm Bare Evoke with built in seals.

I guess it depends on the wetsuit. The one I've been using is pretty old and doesn't have that Glideskin stuff around the underside of the wrist seals. So if i were to use Waterproof's gloves with my particular wetsuit, I'd probably tuck them under.

Back
Top Bottom