BH Nov 21,22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last minute BH trip. There is a new dive club out of Fort Collins called Alpine Divers. They are headed to Blue Hole this weekend. Matt and I will be going as well to show them the ropes and to conduct an AOW and a Rescue class as well.
My lift bag is going to be in my pocket...:D

So, we had a sunny fun weekend teaching AOW and Rescue at BH. Air temp was in the upper 60s both days and high 40s for the night dive.

Saturday was busier than expected which is good for Santa Rosa and Stella. Our Saturday night dive was excellent with a perfectly clear, starry sky , and no other people (at least no others when we were in the water around 8pm.) Sunday was pretty quiet.

After thoroughly scoping out the bottom for an ideal venus location, I worked my way up to her current location in the golf ball alcove on the north west wall at 18 feet. My 50lb and 70lb lift bags were stashed in the truck for the next dive, but they stayed folded in place. Venus looks pretty good in her new place.
On the ascent of every dive, I made my way over to her and said hello as I started my safety stop or worked along the upper shelf at shallow depth to end the dive. For now, she's alright there.
There is an excellent alcove at the bottom at about 70 feet on the south wall. Eventually, maybe she should make her way back down there, but for now, she's ok where she is.

I think my buddy Matt took some pix of her. I will post them if he will email them to me.

I'm glad you approve of the new spot Venus has landed in.

Actually, I kinda like the idea that the newbies can go see her as they outnumber the rest of us by maybe 20 fold. It is also good news that Bert was good on his word, and moved her to a nice spot IN THE BH! :D

I think you could move Venus with a decent sized SS, certainly the one I have (50lbs lift I believe) would handle that job with ease.

Had I see this thread I may have joined you at BH, but alas, I did not!

I thought she looked pretty good there as well.

There could be a lot of different locations for her, which is up to you (or who ever gets the bug to move her). Hopefully, frequent moving will not be in her future as I can see an accidental drop may result in damage, and we don't want that!

Back
Top Bottom