BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats a rather open ended bump.

Just in case I wasn't the only one ignorant of the term "bump":

thread bump

In online forums and other online discussion spaces bump is the word used to describe an action (e.g. a message post) so that a particular thread is returned to the top in the list of threads. Some users may even post a message with only the word "bump" to indicate they are posting only to bump the thread to the top of the list where more users will see it.

I love learning new stuff. :D

I don't know much about frogfish movement, but the two that I had the pleasure of observing on Thursday weren't findable (by me, at least) on Friday or Saturday. Are they typically collected? Are they difficult to keep in an aquarium?

Kevin

thread bump

In online forums and other online discussion spaces bump is the word used to describe an action (e.g. a message post) so that a particular thread is returned to the top in the list of threads. Some users may even post a message with only the word "bump" to indicate they are posting only to bump the thread to the top of the list where more users will see it.

I don't know much about frogfish movement, but the two that I had the pleasure of observing on Thursday weren't findable (by me, at least) on Friday or Saturday. Are they typically collected? Are they difficult to keep in an aquarium?

Kevin
Sunday( yesterday) Sandra found the 2 Frogfish she "assumed" were a mated pair, but they were not right next to each other for more shots with both in the shot--they were more than a few feet apart. Maybe they were hunting, and close proximity to each other might have been less desirable??? Looks like we will need to start googling and researching the mating behaviors of frogfish.

thread bump

Kevin

Living Reefs - Reef Aquarium Forums

I'm ready to quit posting to this thread....in an effort to appear less childish, I'll let teljkon have the last word. :) I think we have already covered everything in this thread that would be worth covering.

Last word...???? We are still patiently waiting to hear back from the photo guy who was going to attempt to independently confirm everything that I have been saying about my research into the legality of collection at the BHB.

Everything that I have been able to gather indicates that collection is legal at the site.

I have refrained from posting while Dan makes one personal attack after another. The tone has degraded past childish a long time ago.

Why does it have to be illegal for someone to do the right thing??

The "right thing" is ill defined.

Law is specific.

Do you remember how littered the roadsides were prior to the "Crying Indian" anti-litter campaigns?

It is well known that the "right thing" is not to litter.

Previously it was not.

Adurso, that is a very good argument. But I would like to think that divers are a little more in tune to their environments than the average Joe. I just don't understand why these guys want to take away from other divers experiences. It's a shame.

Adurso, that is a very good argument. But I would like to think that divers are a little more in tune to their environments than the average Joe. I just don't understand why these guys want to take away from other divers experiences. It's a shame.

The same divers who routinely kneel on the bottom?

The same divers who grab, touch, poke, or latch onto anything that lies within their reach?

<snort>

Very few divers are in tune with their environments; otherwise rototilling across a coral bed would not be so common.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom