BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, it's up to you to ask for the thread to be cleaned of the "crap" posts... 99% on the thread encourage you to ask a mod to clean up the "banter" portions that are outside the the "ideal" of the thread...

I'm just printing what some have asked me in PM

Just when the thread gets interesting, you wish to "clean it up" :D What, by the broad definition of "The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge" would not be suitable. :idk:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The "off topic" discussion regarding collecting has been split from the BHB Saga thread. Please keep your discussion civil if you wish continued participation in it.

I would submit that it would be extraordinarily difficult to obtain a conviction of harassment....poor bouyancy is poor bouyancy

I predict that certain instigators here will be actively collecting cherished tropicals or stabbing motionless fish and bringing their go-pro videocamera with them with the sole intent of getting footage of people "harassing" them...

Another jurisdictional point; who owns the water there?

Is that not part of the Intercoastal Waterway, subject to federal jurisdiction?

I predict that certain instigators here will be actively collecting cherished tropicals or stabbing motionless fish and bringing their go-pro videocamera with them with the sole intent of getting footage of people "harassing" them...

Those informational posts were made in an attempt to educate people and to reduce the potential for any type of negative interaction. If the intent was to "entrap" individuals, then why go to the trouble of informing them of the relevant statutes?

The site has functioned quite well for a number of years where multiple user groups have engaged in hook and line fishing, scuba diving, freediving and collection of tropical organisms without too many problems. I personally would not like to see further restrictions be enacted that are intended to reduce recreational diving opportunities, including collection.

Another jurisdictional point; who owns the water there?

Is that not part of the Intercoastal Waterway, subject to federal jurisdiction?

I think State waters extend 3 miles from shore on the east coast.

I think State waters extend 3 miles from shore on the east coast.

State waters do extend three miles from shore, with caveats.

Inshore waters are different. The Intercoastal Waterway is not State owned. The Waters are inside the state, and riparian rights guarantee access, but the State does not dredge those waters, do they?

subscribing

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom