Big Blue TL2500p Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlito35

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is a link with you tube video of a french guy unboxing the light so you can see the size and how it is packaged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJe56KfTsU

I had been using an Archon D33 (very big, nice and bright with 3-26550 batteries on bright lasted on hour and a half. 3 Batteries means heavy, long and a pain to charge when traveling. The light is also VERY big and long so again hard to travel and maneuver. Very bright.

Looking for a bright primary that is not a canister (when cave diving this light would be my first secondary light). Wanted something bright but more portable. When not in a a cave I also have a small backup light too,

This Big Blue light is simply amazing. Very small, but very easy to handle. Used one 32650 battery which is much better for size and changing. Under water it is as bright as the Archon D33 in other words both putting our around 2500-3000 lums at highest setting. That's very bright for me. Great for a primary light and this one has 5 settings and l switch lit that changes colors as the battery discharges.

I bought two of them; both come with a charger, both with a 5500mah battery, both with a ballistic nylon soft handle that is very nice. One of mine also came with a very nicely made and machined Goodman handle. Both came with a regular handle if you are so inclined. The batteries are button top with protection circuitry and extras are $50 each. Big Blue says if you use other batteries that will void the warranty.

Underwater the light is fantastic I rarely use the brightest setting but I love the switch. Better than the twisting ends types (i hate those) and much better than the cheap sliding magnetic type many Chinese lights have. The form factor is the best I have used (other than canister which are a separate need and beast for me) and it is wonderfully made. I can't rave enough about the light. If you want a small, indestructible, very bright light with many options for use this is it. My only qualm is the price around the web you can find them for $350. That's pricey but this unit is so well made and perfect for what I was looking for at that price its a bargain. Considering canister are much higher priced for alot less convenience....

Had alot of dealing with the company which is in Florida on my previous Quatto light and they have been very good in their customer support in every way.

Here is their website:

Welcome To Bigblue Dive Lights

And a link to the product page of the light I am discussing.

Welcome To Bigblue Dive Lights

Used this light on a quarry dive in the daytime. Barely enough to light up the murk. You don't realize how much light you need to overcome light from the sun. I think I am going to skip the 1000 lumen lights and go straight to the 10,000 lumens one when they become affordable.

Used this light on a quarry dive in the daytime. Barely enough to light up the murk. You don't realize how much light you need to overcome light from the sun. I think I am going to skip the 1000 lumen lights and go straight to the 10,000 lumens one when they become affordable.

Nonsense this light is 3000 lumens all day long I have others that are that rating and this is as bring (like the Archon D33). You must be using something else this is every bit as bright as my 35 watt light monkey was and alot more features...

I just got their VTL 2500P. It's a video light and a dive light in one. Also has a red light to not disturb the animals. The video LEDs flood 120 deg and run at 3 light levels. The spot light is 10 degrees. Very impressive light that beats others and costs about $400.

The light comes with a wrist sock and ball attachment and has a max 2500 lumen in video mode driven by the 32650 Li Ion battery.

I am going between two sets of lights currently and wondered whether I would be better off with the cheaper Big Blue's or the Sola's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom