Big Blue TL4800?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this light? I'm thinking of getting either this one or the TL3500 supreme. It might be time to ditch my canister light, which is a shame considering I just bought it. Going cordless is just too tempting.

I have the TL3500 supreme. It has been operating flawlessly for the last two years.

one serious problem though, at least for me is that the lanyard hole is at the head of the light rather than the tail. The other lights have it at the tail.

That prevents the light from hanging from my shoulder strap dring the way that I want it to.

I ended up replacing the canister body With one that had the lanyard hole on the bottom.

I've been using the 4800 on a goodman handle for about a year. I love everything about it for wreck diving. Durable, bright, easy to clip off, easy to charge. I usually use it on the 3rd brightness setting out of 4. Burn time at that level is 10 hours. What sold me on the BB lights is we had one found on a wreck up here, was in the ocean for 9 months and it still turned on when it was found.

BB TL 4800 is my primary light for the last 2 and a half years. It’s performed flawlessly. I run it with a single ender on a swivel and bungee cord from my left shoulder D-Ring. I usually run it on it’s lowest setting. It recharges pretty quick. I previously had an Orcatorch that literally died a week after it’s 1 year warranty. It’s a great light. IMHO.

I'm leaning towards the TL4800. This light would replace my LM canister light, which puts out 4800 lumens for 5hrs easily. My typical cave dives are about 2 hrs long, I'm hoping I can full brightness on the handheld for most of a typical dive then switch batteries for the 2nd dive. I would be using the razor hand mount and helmet mount for this. Any comments on the size of the light and helmet mounting?

This is all about getting rid of the cord and big canister sitting on my butt in SM.

Back
Top Bottom