Big Eyes vs. Big Eyes Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Eyes Mask is lot heavier and about the same volume as Evo.

Evo has a softer higher quality skirt and frame. Much better build quality. Worth it in my opinion. You can get the BE EVO in a crystal or black skirt; BE only in black. The BE is the cheapo version of the BE EVO.

The lenses are not the same. I think the size and design of the Evolution gives a bit more on the sight lines, and there is also that softer silicone. Far and away my best selling mask.

Also: You can get optical lenses for the BE Evo. Not for the BE. Much more economical way of getting a Rx fitted in your mask.

We have both. Eric loves his BE. I love my Evolution. We are both interested in the new Zeus. Basically the Evolution with the anti-fog guard but its even more and only sold in store. I tried it on last Cozumel trip and loved the fit and feel.

I have the BE evolution. I use a neoprene headband. It's the only mask I've ever had that floats!

Been using the Big Eyes for ages and ages. Love it. Absolutely my fav mask.

I just switch to contacts from glasses when I dive. All good. Cheap, fits my face, lasts and lasts.... I have 4 of them. Two never even used (didn't expect these to last hundreds and hundreds of dives....)

My fav.

- K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom