Big foot fin options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So glad this thread came up - I am a UK 12(sometimes 13) so that works out to a US14/15.

Want to be getting a set of boots as the last few shore entry dives my feet have been agony walking up the stony beaches in neoprene booties.

Slight hijack but any ideas for decent boots for a wetsuit user?

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Appreciated.

...into that Waterproof drysuit I bought from you?

Wasn't from me! I've never owned, rented or even been trained in using a drysuit. I'm hoping to try Southern California diving someday, and that's about as cold as I plan to get outside a quarry. In the summer. For one trip, I think a wetsuit, hood & gloves will be okay.

Richard.

Richard,

My feet size US14 are long and narrow.
I've used Jets XXL fins but the foot pocket was too wide for me. I could fit my crocks in the foot pocket!!!
I used to cramp up, but I could be because I never really got used to them.
Currently I use Hollis F1 fins and those fit much better, but are too negative for me as my legs are extremely negative already.
I use 5 mm boots to try to counter my negative legs/feet as all my diving is in wet suits.
If I could find a neutral or positive set of fins with the fit of the F1 I'd be all over them.
Frog kicking with the F1 also helps with trim and their negative buoyancy.

Have you tried the Atomic Blades? I found them to have a larger foot pocket and the same size I use in the Atomic splits is too big for me in the blade design when using normal booties. I use the same size blade fins now with my dry suit boots and they fit well. With your size the largest blade may be suitable.

Check out the Hog Tech 2 fins. They have a very generous foot pocket. They are a technical fin however, kind of short and squat. Not nearly as much power as the F1's, but fantastic control in the water.

I wear a size US 14 (UK 13) and recently bought a set of Scubapro Jet XXL fins. I have pretty wide feet and they suit me well- definitely more comfortable than my old Tusa Imprex.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Appreciated.

Wasn't from me! I've never owned, rented or even been trained in using a drysuit. I'm hoping to try Southern California diving someday, and that's about as cold as I plan to get outside a quarry. In the summer. For one trip, I think a wetsuit, hood & gloves will be okay.

Richard.

Wow, I really thought it was you. Now I'm worried about Alzheimers. I'll have to check back a few years.

I know you're looking for open-heel scuba fins, but I just thought I'd mention for anybody seeking full-foot snorkelling fins in extreme sizes that I posted a thread a year ago on the subject at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sn...r-snorkelling-fins-people-tiny-huge-feet.html.

I would add that sizing fins would be so much easier if manufacturers or suppliers provided the maximum inner length and width of their fin foot pockets. A German Standard, DIN 7876 of October 1980, recommended that actual foot length and foot breadth should be embossed on fin soles, as here with an inner length (Fusslänge) of 255 mm and an inner width (Fussbreite) of 95 mm:
copyofdsc00633.jpg

I have 14 EE feet, used to have XL F1s when I had soft boots, but had to upsize to XXL when I got hard sole boots for Bonaire. I think there is a reasonable chance they would work for size 15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom