Big head neck seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought I'd be clear on the title...
I recall you guys were working on a silicon neck seal thatis bigger for us who struggle getting our heads through the standard size neckseals. Are those still in the works? If so, any ETA?

:cheers:

Steve

Go to Gamble Scuba in Gainesville, FL. He has everything that you need for your drysuit. He's the go to guy for drysuits.

OP might might want to offer up if you have ZIP seals or not.

Hi Katch,

Yes! The G2 neck ring is still in R&D. We are hoping for mid-summer. Please feel free to check back in with me on this.

Do you currently have the G1 ring?

Hi Katch,

Yes! The G2 neck ring is still in R&D. We are hoping for mid-summer. Please feel free to check back in with me on this.

Do you currently have the G1 ring?

Hi Kathy

Not sure which ring is on my TLS (#121182). I believe it is a standard size latex zip seal. I'm looking into buying a backup zip seal in case I get a break during a trip. It's doing great so far, so I'm hoping to wait for the bigger silicone one. My head fits in the current ring...but just barely :D

Last edited:
My head fits in the curring ring...but just barely

LOL... I know I have this same issue!!!

Gotcha.

A couple of things to remember on donning and doffing the neck seal. First - shrink you head. :DJust kidding. Wanted to see if you are paying attention. Seriously though here are a couple pointers that really do help:

Do not put your fingers inside the ring as this will make it smaller
Always pull straight up. If you tilt the ring just a little it reduces the diameter of the ring making your head appear bigger.

Thanks,

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom