Big Milestone last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!!

I applaud the dedication! Here’s to 500 hundred more!!

Very nice. Do you mainly do lake dives or something?

Only 14 lake dives. I make the trek to the coast 4-6 times a year and typically get to Cozumel twice a year.

The local lake diving is frigid with very silty bottoms.

That's an impressive run. Wish I could match it, but nowhere close. Glad you've been blessed and hope many happy returns.

Richard.

Whoa...Congratulations, and you're close to my mirror image (not to mention I lived in Fort Mac a short while in 1979, and been in Calgary several times). I got certified age 51 (2005) and reached #500 in a little over 9 years. Am a few months away from halfway to the next (and last for me) big number. I started slow back then (30-50 a year) but got it up to 60-80.
A little tongue and cheek:
Remember what everyone on Scubaboard says--"It's not how skillful you are, how many cards you've collected, that you have varied experience in different locales, that your buoyancy is "perfect", etc.....It's how many total dives you have!!!
Slow and easy like us turtles wins. And remember, above all, it's a race!

Back to serious-- As you said, Calgary is a long way from the BC coast. With so few lake dives and fly out trips, how did you work it so most of the 500 were via shore trips? I assume that those 4-6 15 hour trips yearly meant staying somewhere and doing a lot of dives over a week or so?

Last edited:
Congratulations! That is awesome.

I didn't discover diving till 4 years ago at age 58. My wife and only have about 175 logged dives but we haven't taken a single vacation since we were certified that wasn't a dive vacation. Looking forward to hitting the 500 mark...just may take a little longer than it did for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom