Bio Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robnyc03

Contributor
Reaction score
First let me say that I love this product. I think this is the best thing I have ever bought for scuba. I have two questions. 1)My Moisture wick on the bio filter looks dirty from the charcoal filter. How can I clean it? 2)I would also like to know should I store the wick dry or damp. When the Moisture wick is dry it gets rock hard. I don't remember it being this way out of the box. Thanks - Rob

robnyc03:
First let me say that I love this product. I think this is the best thing I have ever bought for scuba. I have two questions. 1)My Moisture wick on the bio filter looks dirty from the charcoal filter. How can I clean it? 2)I would also like to know should I store the wick dry or damp. When the Moisture wick is dry it gets rock hard. I don't remember it being this way out of the box. Thanks - Rob

robnyc03: The moisture wick should be stored dry. It is a special very high density foam and does get "rock hard" when dry. Soaking the wick in distilled water will make it easy to reinstall. If the wick is dirty you can clean it with very light bleach or buy a new wick-cost $9.00. Call us with any questions. The bio-filter helps with all sorts of things, dry mouth and throat, dry sinus and headache, etc. The bio-filter will also pick up any impurity in tanks, rust flakes, aluminum oxide, trace oil etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to clean it. Its not that dirty and I have only had it for about one year. If I can't get it clean I will get a new wick. Thanks :)

MDB... I was just about to hit the [ENTER] key on a Bio-Filter order (two, in fact), when I read that it shouldn't be used with EANx... bummer (I dive 32-36% most of the time)... Is that still the case, and why?

Here's where I saw it: http://www.apollosportsusa.com/documents/BIOINSTRUCT.pdf

-Thanks,
-Barry

BKP: The bio-filter can be used with EAN up to 40%. We do recommend that the activated charcoal filter be removed to eliminate any chance of combustion even at the low EAN of 40% or below. The mositure element will make a big difference with the very dry EAN. We will update our online pdf to reflect this. Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

...thanks much, MDB... order is on it's way!

Back
Top Bottom