bio-tank lock 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have the bio-tank lock but am a little confused as to how to thread it.

On the instructions that came with it it says one end of the belt (spring side) goes on the inside of the belt and the other side (buckle side) the end of the belt goes on the outside seems simple enough right? wrong...

On Apollos web site the bio-tank 92kb pdf download says in big red letters BOTH ends MUST be on the inside or it will slip.

My guess is the pdf file is incorrect as it would make the strap very difficult to adjust, although Ive been wrong before...

So...

Mr or Mrs Apollo which is correct? someone dropped the ball:shakehead:

thanks in advance:)

I have the bio-tank lock but

So...

Mr or Mrs Apollo which is correct? someone dropped the ball:shakehead:

thanks in advance:)

You have the newest model bio-tank lock and your instructions are correct. The older model did not have the externally adjustable buckle. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make sure that version 2 instructions are posted on our web site.

Just bought one from Australia Apollo dealer.
But I felt confused for a week when I try to fix the belt, even did not get a reply from Australia Apollo after wrote a mail to them.
then I found they give me the wrong instruction (old one), after google through the USA website.
Then I know how to fix the belt in.

However I did not think the new one improve the lock a lot.
The belt should still go inside the buckle instead of go underneath like the new one.
I dont know if when engineer improve the old version drill a hole to close the bottom of buckle.
That makes the belt can only go through once instead of twice like the old version.
I personally felt its a faulty design. If I can improve it by myself, I will let he quick buckle allow two thickness of belt (instead of one).

not reply at all??
So that means Apollo really think the product is a mature and success stuff?

The externally adjustable band was a result of many divers asking for such a feature. The instructions were a bit confusing since the old instructions are still on the web sites; we will have that changed shortly.

The new version 2 bio-tank lock works quite well and makes it easy to adjust for different size tanks.

Here is a link to the current file on the bio-tank lock 2
www.apollosportsusa.com/documents/manual-tanklock2.pdf

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom