• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Bit the Bullet...First Bag Drag

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by Brodydog, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Dave Dillehay

Dave Dillehay Dive Shop

Yes, usually my problem with connecting flights was in the US return.

Dave

2. sharky60

sharky60 Photographer

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    a buddy just did it a few days ago, using a private van from Cancun to PDC. He said it took 1 hour 40 minute to get to Coz from Cancun, adding "not a record, but not bad"

3. sharky60

sharky60 Photographer

with the price out of Dallas, it looks like we might be doing the bag drag for the first time ourselves in the Spring. ... not very happy about it.

Brodydog likes this.
  4. Dave Dillehay

Dave Dillehay Dive Shop

Did the drag today. $98 Houston to Cancun, left at 9:13 am on United and was in Cozumel before 1:30 pm. No checked bags and made a 12:30 ferry. Normally I'd expect 2 pm in Cozumel but the poop rolls both ways.

Dave

5. Christi

Christi PADI MSDT/Dive op owner ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    That is insanely fast actually - quickest I've ever made it is 2.5 hours - and I've got a lot of experience with it - haha
    Edit: I now see that was by private van, not by ADO bus :). Yes, quickest I've done it with ADO is 2.5 hours - but with private van shave off at least 30 minutes - provided there is no traffic

sharky60 and blue steal like this.
  6. sharky60

sharky60 Photographer

hopefully fares will drop after the first of the year and we can fly directly into Coz. Traveling doesn't like me and the faster I can get settled into Blue Angel, without a bunch of changes the better.

7. jlw225

jlw225 Registered

# of Dives:
    So have any solo females done the bag drag? That would mean a woman traveling alone...

8. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I don't see why that would be an issue at all. Unless you decide to take a private taxi from airport to ferry (waste of money imo) there's no point of the journey where you're not surrounded by dozens of others doing the same exact thing.

9. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Just finished the smoothest bag drag ever for me, almost spooky how well it all went. Taxi was at the door and loaded my bags as I completed checkout at 7:45am, made the 8:00 ferry with 5 minutes to spare, bike porters were waiting and took my bags to ADO, bought my ticket for the 9:00am bus at 8:58 (the girl looked at the clock and said are you ready right now, is leaving in 2 minutes?), no traffic, was at the SWA baggage checkin at 10:00.

And... there was an aisle seat open in row 1, I was first off the plane, both bags came off in first half dozen, and was the first person to arrive at a completely absolutely empty customs area. Shuttle was waiting outside and took me to my car without waiting for more people.

Streydog and Brodydog like this.
  10. fly2dive

fly2dive Registered

The bag drag is easy, especially when you don't have one to drag .... I carry all my gear in a carry-on the even fits in a regional jet. This pic is from a 6 week trip through the pacific, for Coz it's even easier.

LISwYQMaLX7fl7go9UDe6iG3GbY-L6QsdSTmbzojDZVE4iAcc9pn5CUp8IzrSlurZIlxzSbZDU7z-mAwtp7=w480-h640-no.jpg

And when you make it to PDC, you sometimes meet the nicest people .... the Aldora girls from the 2014 time period.

7SB5AO08PocEFf9FvSL4k4PPhNIuO1AdAKG5sH4kP7ar4d_C52MJLu3POqTaHvCMgtqEuJQ5pycemZWQGpg=w640-h480-no.jpg

Can't wait to get back .... probably next year!

Bob
    Bethesda, MD

cvchief likes this.