• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Bit the Bullet...First Bag Drag

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by Brodydog, Aug 30, 2017.

1. ggunn

ggunn ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    FWIW, with a 1PM departure from CZM, diving the morning before isn't a problem for me, either. And have I mentioned that traveling light isn't in my vocabulary? :D

But as you say, to each his own.

2. RayfromTX

RayfromTX Student Of Gas Mixology Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Yeah I realized after I posted that most of the baggage fee that is saved by flying southwest will get used to pay for bus and ferry fees. I guess either have the bag drag from cancun or the $$bag drag$$ of paying luggage fees with the airlines that fly into Cozumel. Seeya on the island.

3. gopbroek

gopbroek Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I seem to remember a very nice tutorial on making the bag drag from CUN term 3 to the ADO stand to Playa and then to the ferry's to Cozumel. Anyone remember where it's located?

northernone and CajunDiva like this.
  4. Trailboss123

Trailboss123 Divemaster ScubaBoard Sponsor

There is this You Tube Video:
    And this on Vimeo:
    And Ferry Schedule: Calica Cruise Shore Excursions in Playa del Carmen - Save 65%!

5. Streydog

Streydog Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I am flying into Cozumel but out of Cancun on 11/2. I plan on diving the morning of the 1st then spending the night in Playa. My flight out of CUN is at 1 PM. With the Day of the Dead going on should I be aware of anything that I might need to plan extra time for?

6. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

Do you ever fly Southwest?

Is there an ADO station at terminal 2? I flew SWA into #2 a few months back and we ended up walking a long ways to the ADO bus parked outside terminal 3. Not sure if that's normal or we somehow passed up a closer stop.

7. Trailboss123

@ReefHound
    I fly Southwest into Terminal 2, but do not use ADO. I use: Playa del Carmen Airport Transfers

You can do their Private Transfer which will pick you up at the curb outside the terminal and whisk you away immediately.
    Cost for the vehicle in $52.50 one way for as many as 8 people. That is total cost to be divided by the number of people in your group. Not the cost per person.

8. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

Thanks, but with tip that's about $40 more for two bus tickets and for that I'll walk 5-10 minutes. A private shuttle is nicer than a bus but the seafood dinner at La Terraza we can get with that $40 is nicer than a private shuttle. The shuttle is an economical option for groups of 4 or more and we always go that way when in groups.

9. Trailboss123

Gotcha- wasn't sure about your group size.

10. Brodydog

Brodydog Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Cancun to Cozumel Bag Drag

gopbroek likes this.