Bizarre Love Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep South Divers

Contributor
Reaction score
Usually the weekends are reserved for family time – time with the people that you care for.

So when one of my clients called and asked for me to work under his boat last Sunday, I asked my girl Kym to come out in the boat with me while I got some work done. She agreed – if she could bring a fishing pole.

An hour or two after dropping beneath the waterline, I was done – my job complete. I bubbled my way to the surface, up and out from beneath the big, wooden shrimper.

The air stung my face and the sunlight burned my eyes. Gravity once again took hold in my head. The bow of my boat bobbed up and down over me as if it had been waiting for me to come back, like a loyal pet. Over the gunwhale I could see the tip of a fishing pole and a tuft of blonde hair.

And from that hair, flying through the air – over the bow and in my direction came… A shark. A flying shark.

Not a big shark, mind you… A pup. Maybe only 10 or 12 inches long. But it was still a flying shark.

It cleared the bow rail with ease, hit the water next to me and bolted, terrified, straight down into the deep, striking me in the leg on the way down.

I spit out my regulator. “What the hell?”

“Oh,” the blonde tuft said, “I’ve been catching them for the past hour or so, the damned things. Throwin’ them in your direction…”

There’s not many people in the world that can say that their ex-girlfriend… Or girlfriend… It depends on whether we’re getting along at that moment… Throws sharks at them.

Yes, my girl throws sharks at me. And that’s why I can’t seem to let her go.

Boy that's love, I get a dirty look every once in a while, but sharks!!!!!!
See you topside! John

I would never have to worry about that. The word "shark" used around my wife will have her doin her best museum pose.

Funny story though. I remember when I had a Carp fly out of the water and smack me in the face, while on a boat trip. Not quite the shark standards but when you get a 20 lb fish blindsiding you in the jaw while you are looking the other way, will make you pay attention on a moving boat pretty quickly

My last GF would send great whites my way!

Hahahahaaa! So would mine, Dr. Bill. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom