Black Friday Scuba Sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is it me or are others disappointed in this year's Black Friday offerings? It seems retailers were much more aggressive last year than this year.

Nope, it's not just you. I'm still doing my rounds, but it's looking like I'll be holding onto my money this shopping season.

I feel bad because I talked it up to Buddhasummer and except for a few deals there is nothing. :depressed:

Just what were you looking for or expecting? I have some great deals on regs, wings, etc.. And did you bother to call the places you looked and see what else they may have that is not advertised?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. Scuba wise, looks like hog/edge gear is on sale for a price preset by hog/edge (all the hog dealers are selling for exactly the same price). I did see Lights & Motion lights at one LDS for about 50% of the normal price. If I hadn't already bought lights I would have been on it like stink on fish. I was hoping to see some deep discounts for scubapro or preferably atomic stuff, but I was disappointed.

Maybe the online sites will have some deals come cyber Monday.

I agree. Scuba wise, looks like hog/edge gear is on sale for a price preset by hog/edge (all the hog dealers are selling for exactly the same price). I did see Lights & Motion lights at one LDS for about 50% of the normal price. If I hadn't already bought lights I would have been on it like stink on fish. I was hoping to see some deep discounts for scubapro or preferably atomic stuff, but I was disappointed.

I noticed the same thing. I was hoping to get a deal on a few scubapro regs. The only deals I have seen are edge/hog gear.

Just what were you looking for or expecting? I have some great deals on regs, wings, etc.. And did you bother to call the places you looked and see what else they may have that is not advertised?

I agree with the exception of HOG, you are having some smoking deals, Jim! Hubby will give you a call when he gets some time away from work!

---------- Post added November 29th, 2013 at 01:10 PM ----------

Which LDS?

I agree. Overall I was disappointed, there are good deals to be had but not to the extent of the last couple of years. The extent of my Black Friday scuba shopping will be a new edge reg from Jim.

And did you bother to call the places you looked and see what else they may have that is not advertised?
I noticed a similar statement about calling for non-advertised specials from Scubatoys. Are the various Scuba manufactures that aggressive about controlling the 'authorized’ dealers pricing?

Back
Top Bottom