Black Screen DX 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've only used my new camera on three dives, but have experienced this problem 2-3 times per dive. While using my YS-01 strobe I will focus on my subject, press the shutter and the screen will go black. After 2 seconds or so the flash will go off and I will have my pic...
Any ideas? I've never experienced this with another camera......

You are talking about on full press of the shutter right?

the screen should go black momentarily just after full shutter release until the image has been written to the memory and the screen will return to "live view" after the image has been written.

the flash responce seems slow, are your pics coming out ok?

You are talking about on full press of the shutter right?

the screen should go black momentarily just after full shutter release until the image has been written to the memory and the screen will return to "live view" after the image has been written.

the flash responce seems slow, are your pics coming out ok?

The pics have been coming out okay, unless something is moving when the flash pops. Why would it take so long to write? It doesn't say, "writting to memory card" during this occasional pause. It just goes completely dark.....

Cardog

In my experience with the DX-1G this happens when the internal flash is still reloading, so the camera is not yet ready to fire another shot. The camera waits till the flash is ready to fire and at that time the picture is taken. During the waiting period the LCD-screen is black. Nothing wrong just annoying because in the meantime the fish is gone. So check the led in the viewer to see if the flash is ready before you press the shutter.

Cardog

In my experience with the DX-1G this happens when the internal flash is still reloading, so the camera is not yet ready to fire another shot. The camera waits till the flash is ready to fire and at that time the picture is taken. During the waiting period the LCD-screen is black. Nothing wrong just annoying because in the meantime the fish is gone. So check the led in the viewer to see if the flash is ready before you press the shutter.

Thanks! That sounds like what was happening.

The pics have been coming out okay, unless something is moving when the flash pops. Why would it take so long to write? It doesn't say, "writting to memory card" during this occasional pause. It just goes completely dark.....

Are the shots coming out blurry with movement? That sounds like a long shutter to me. What settings are you shooting on? It sounds like a 1-2 second shutter speed. Remember the shutter speed is the exposure for the ambient light. If you are shooting with a flash, the foreground is going to be exposed by the flash, so you would be getting relatively sharp foreground subjects with blurs in the back grounds.

Are the shots coming out blurry with movement? That sounds like a long shutter to me. What settings are you shooting on? It sounds like a 1-2 second shutter speed. Remember the shutter speed is the exposure for the ambient light. If you are shooting with a flash, the foreground is going to be exposed by the flash, so you would be getting relatively sharp foreground subjects with blurs in the back grounds.

It was either the internal flash charging or I was pressing the shutter prior to focus lock. I'm shooting in manual now instead of P or A and everything has been fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom