Blacktip firmware modifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding cruise, my buddies just use bungy.. and I already have built some DIY dewalts waiting for the scooter and my buddies tested it successfully :)
I do like the cruise option in SW though
Yeah, I didn't like the bungee way of doing it. I was going to build one long pack with dewalt connectors instead of getting dewalt shells and putting better grade cells in them. I am thinking LiFePO4 32700 cells since they can be discharged more than Li-ion and not wear down as much.

Looking at the display code it would be fun to add a startup message, ie name or just a Hello
Yeah, but you have to make it work with an 8x8 display. I believe this is the one installed Adafruit Mini 8x8 LED Matrix w/I2C Backpack - Ultra Bright White

hmm, ok. I'm using 21700 as they are great density wise and can get grade A bulk easy/cost efficient here.
10AH/15/20 are tested/doable sizewise.

OT…

Does anyone know the quiescent current draw then batteries are connected but the unit's not switched on?

if you check the battery thread I think it's mentioned a few times, around 200mA

I just finished the low speed migrate code. I just made it simple. By default it is disabled. If you enable it, it will not migrate back to your default speed if your current speed is < your default. It will not reset after a certain time. You could wait 30 min and it will start back in whatever gear you left it in below default. It will still migrate if your speed is higher than default.

looking forward to see the source :) when I have some more time I will try to add some other stuff

I also posted on the dive xtras fb group and someone had a question about adding reverse. Thoughts?

I would do 5 clicks for reverse. I would add a whole section in order to handle it. I would have a terminal option to enable it or not, probably default to disabled. I would have it turn the motor off, reverse the direction, set the speed to 1 on next start, and also disable speed migrate. Then when you double click next it will start in reverse in gear 1. Clicking 5 times again would switch direction again and change the settings back. Would the purpose be only for untangling something? If you tried to actually move in reverse, it would be pushing you via the handle/hand and idk if it is worth anything other than going slow backwards to show off. I would also probably need to write some kind of hard limit to keep someone from going over something like speed 2 in reverse. What do you guys think? Would speed 1 be too fast? Maybe hard code in a very slow speed below 1? I guess you could throw another handle on it, put it in reverse and do some dredging haha.

Here is what I did:

5 clicks goes into reverse mode. This stops the motor, displays an "R" on the screen, sets the next speed to 1, and reverses the prop direction. You then double click to start and shift up and down as normal (cruise works as well). The speed of each gear is halved while in reverse mode. The current limits are the same for each gear even though the speed is halved. When changing gears in reverse mode, the screen will display an "R" briefly before displaying the gear number.

5 clicks again will cause the motor to stop, display an "F" on the screen, set the speed to 1, and change the direction back to normal. Then everything should work as normal.

could shared bin file?

I have been working on making some changes to the blacktip esc firmware...
What do all the bits in the $w (magic) parameter, introduced in v 1.15 do? Just curious, since I don't think the motor configuration parameters were introduced until the 1.18 beta firmware

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom