blind diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking of starting my own EOD buisness and contracting out to departments who do not have a bomb squad. Now I do not really have any formal bomb training but I have read some books, seen some movies... it is always the green wire. I figured I'd just start the company and learn while doing OJT --

Seriously though.. do no DO NOT jump in with REC or CAVE TECH training to do PSA work. It is not the same at all other than you are breathing underwater. Take the PSA classes and get ready to unlearn many of the diving rules we live by in normal diving. Most teams do not run with two people down at once so you are not going to be hand signaling anyone. Either U/W Electronic Comms or the tug tug tether system for Comms. The diver has tenders and backup divers ready to go but they dive solo...

I have never trained in PSA and I have ZERO interest to do it. Icky icky icky I'll stand over the canal with the rifle and watch for gators.. *G*

I am thinking of starting my own EOD buisness and contracting out to departments who do not have a bomb squad. Now I do not really have any formal bomb training but I have read some books, seen some movies... it is always the green wire. I figured I'd just start the company and learn while doing OJT --

"Cut the green wire -BOOM!!!- after you take out the 15 amp fuse."

DC

"Cut the green wire -BOOM!!!- after you take out the 15 amp fuse."

DC

:popcorn:

[youtubehq]E_fZ1WAL_GQ[/youtubehq]

I will chime in on this one. Send me a an e-mail if you have any questions about setting up a team in your local area. Will this team be run by the local LE agency or by a civilian SAR group? I have been in LE diving for 26 years and I can help you with any issues you may have.

Back
Top Bottom