Blue Angel WiFi Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GameChanger

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't mean to come off as nit-picky here, nevertheless, has anyone here recently stayed at Blue Angel, and if so, have they fixed their gawd-awful wifi yet??? I know...I'm on a dive vacation and why be concerned with wifi? I run a business that supplements my dive trips to Coz and having reasonably fast and dependable wifi access is important. My last stay with BA in August was great with the exception of the almost nonexistent wifi. Even the lobby and restaurant had poor wifi signal.

I am planning my Spring trip so I am hoping for some positive feedback!

Thanks!

Good luck with that. I don't think internet access anywhere in Coz can be considered "good" by those accustomed to internet in the USA.

I tried to do some work from Coz in 2015. Brought a 4g access point (connected to telcel there). Tried resort internet, tried internet at several different restaurants. All were awful.

I understand the question in resorts but staying at a condo or home you should have no problems - we watch netflix on three TV's at once off one service..........

We were there for Thanksgiving, it seemed fine to me but I was just writing emails,logging onto the net type of stuff, not streaming or downloading

We were there for Thanksgiving, it seemed fine to me but I was just writing emails,logging onto the net type of stuff, not streaming or downloading
Hi Chris,

Were you in your room or lobby? If in a room, which floor and how far away from the office was it? TIA

Hi Chris,

Were you in your room or lobby? If in a room, which floor and how far away from the office was it? TIA

Both. This time we were in... 204 I think, so about halfway down the hall. Agree it's worse the higher rooms you have and further you get from the lobby/restaurant

Edit - just remembering, also in the hammocks, which is about as far as you can get other than the far end of the pool, and didn't have any issues I can recall

Part of the issue is the way the hotel is built. Javier Segura built it in 1980 or so, a lot of it with his own hands. He built it to withstand hurricanes; every other wall between rooms is mortared stone about a foot thick. It's worth noting that it was the first hotel south of town open after Hurricane Wilma. The wifi coverage is, as you say, spotty at best, but as long as it works well enough for me to listen to a baseball game at night, I'm happy. YMMV, of course

Javier and his wife, Emma, still live across the street.

Good luck with that. I don't think internet access anywhere in Coz can be considered "good" by those accustomed to internet in the USA.

I tried to do some work from Coz in 2015. Brought a 4g access point (connected to telcel there). Tried resort internet, tried internet at several different restaurants. All were awful.
ACtually there is very good internet to be had in Cozumel. I have high speed fiber optics in my house that streams every bit as good as my internet in the US

We were just there. WIFI was fine in the lobby and on the balcony, not good in the room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom