Blue Heron Beach Insta-Buddy Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rvojr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How does one find an instabuddy at BHB? I thought since there are recommended times for best visibility it may be easier than some places. I'll be in Boynton Beach April 13th-20th looking for various dives throughout the week.

We will be diving BHB Tuesday evening around 6:15 to coincide with high tide. You're welcome to join us, you will need a parking permit (free) from a nearby shop.

We will also be diving in West Palm Beach and Boynton that week- see the link below my post for information.

Absolutely for BHB on Tuesday. In your opinion, is there an easier set of dives of the Wreck Charter either Wednesday or Thursday?

Catch as catch can. Let people know when you're going to be there, and hopefully you'll get some cyber buddies. Respect the tide!

Plan on being in the water 30 to 60 minutes before high tide depending on your dive plan. If you are considering diving at night you can schedule a dive with Force-E just up the the road.

Absolutely for BHB on Tuesday. In your opinion, is there an easier set of dives of the Wreck Charter either Wednesday or Thursday?

If you'd like to join us at the BHB then please message me and we'll swap phone numbers.

As to the rest- Depends on your definition of an easy dive. These dives are typically: Be ready to dive when the boat is in position, jump in immediately when the captain says "Splash!", quickly descend with no down line and probably no view of the bottom. Most likely there will be brisk current which will carry you around and over several wrecks, and you can get out of the current using the wrecks as a current barrier. When you hit the last wreck or run low on gas you'll make a free ascent and do your safety stop without a line, although you can certainly bring a reel and a bag and use your own line for the 3 minute hang. Then you'll deploy your SMB on the surface and wait for the boat to come get you.

Not all of the dives on Wednesday and Thursday will be like that, some of the dives may be moored dives with the boat sitting on top of the wreck the entire dive, but that's very condition dependent so you need to be prepared.

How does one find an instabuddy at BHB? I thought since there are recommended times for best visibility it may be easier than some places. I'll be in Boynton Beach April 13th-20th looking for various dives throughout the week.

I plan to dive the BHB this Saturday. I've never done it before, so it would be nice to hook up with someone who is familiar with it, but my plan is to be in the water NLT 3:00pm either way. Let me know if you want to meet up.

It'll probably be too soon. Driving through the night Friday into Saturday, I'm probably going to take it easy that day. Thank you for the offer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom