Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to post this in here as well.

Okay so I got an email today informing me that during the February FWC meeting they approved regulation changes to help sustain BHB as a world class snorkel/dive park! Regulations go into effect on April 1st 2019.

This is wonderful news in my mind but at the end of the change it’s stated that hook and line fishing is still allowed (this is fine IMO) but it also says lobstering is fine which I don’t understand. Does anyone have first hand knowledge about why lobstering is allowed still? Wouldn’t it be easier to police a complete ban?

Below is the email I received.
View attachment 506371

Yes, this is great news for the bridge. AFA the lobstering, Lobster have their own regulations and I have yet to see one there that is close to being of keeper size. Lots of juveniles but that's it. BHB isn't the place I'd be looking at if I wanted a meal. That said, taking anything from there while on scuba warranted a big ole stink eye. I've taken my lionfish pole spear there in the past and got some dirty looks - even though I'm only after lionfish - ones that i'd seen on previous dives. Hopefully a sign will be posted stating the no collection zone.

Since moving away from Florida a few years ago, I usually dive with Jupiter Dive Center or head to the Keys when I'm in town. With the marine conditions being sporty yesterday, Friday, I headed to BHB and was rewarded with spectacular conditions and visibility on a 2+ hour dive. Got to see many of the typical fish, little eels, crabs, shrimp but also was lucky enough to find a couple of sea horses and spotted eagle rays feeding on the sea floor.

Called my wife to tell her how much I miss this magic dive site.

Thanks to Force E for setting me up with tank, flag and weights

a few photos from my dive last week, nothing special except evidence of a very fun dive:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Nice shots!

IMG_20190325_080607.jpg IMG_20190325_081024.jpg IMG_20190325_081140.jpg OI000013.JPG IMG_20190323_204134.jpg IMG_20190323_204323.jpg IMG_20190323_204241.jpg

BHB 3/23-3/24.
ID help please on a couple of these?

I.ve got garden eel, Christmas tree worm, I think one Blenny is a Seaweed Blenny and the smaller one is a type of Barnacle Blenny. My guesses on the others are pipefish and a form of sea spider.

I guess I should of shot more pics!

1. worm of some sort
2. female pike blenny
3. female pike blenny
4. sea spider
5. garden eel
6. roughhead blenny
7. seaweed blenny

you're welcome! Nice finds!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back