• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BHB ScubaTroll, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scuba_Jenny

Scuba_Jenny dirty-finned dive goddess ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Managed to get an hour and a half dive in this morning at the bridge despite pea soup conditions. Vis maybe 5ft. Because I was solo, I concentrated on learning more of my slave strobe and what works and doesn't work. Once the sun came out, ambient light became my friend and switched to super macro and no strobe. Big find of the day was a small northern stargazer. Sweet find. downloading photos now..

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Oh and the water is definitely cooling off. I wore my polertec skin and a 3mm shorty. I thought I was gonna be a bit warm after a few minutes underwater, but by the end of the dive I was cold. Very glad I ordered the TruWest parka (they are on sale right now!) for this winter!
    http://www.truwest.com/parkas/stkparkas/stockparkassaleindex.html

2. bilsant

bilsant Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    This is totally nunnamybizness, but Datura Ave a block or so north has better parking availability than Hibiscus.

DMDavid likes this.
  3. ConchyJoe

ConchyJoe Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    What??? :)

Have fun with the new rig, and hello to Mari!

4. Angry Turtle

Angry Turtle Manta Ray

5. Scuba_Jenny

Scuba_Jenny dirty-finned dive goddess ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    have no idea.. but, I bet if you call them they can answer that question..

Now on to today's dive. Lots of particulate in the water and a few jellies very low near the bottom. If you have dived Venice, FL, they you will know what the vis was like today.
    [​IMG]

When the vis goes bad, go macro!! LOL Played with the settings on the camera an managed to get a couple interesting shots.
    seastar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the sweet find of the day! Smallish of size, only a couple inches across at the mouth. yes, I got that close. :)
    [​IMG]

6. DMDavid

DMDavid Divemaster

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Does anyone remember where the PDF map of the underwater layout is for the Blue Heron Bridge?

7. joystershell

joystershell Social Butterfly ScubaBoard Supporter

Turtle,
    If you are looking for something breathable, we're now offering something new;
    Surf-fur Waterproof Dive Parka

http://www.divegearexpress.com/exposure/surffur.shtml

--Joyce

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:24 PM ----------

David,
    Would this be what you're looking for?
    http://www.pbcgov.com/erm/downloads/pdf/projectfactsheets/philfostersnorkeltrail.pdf

--Joyce

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  8. MedFlame03

MedFlame03 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Good evening everyone.
    Attention to everyone that is joining us at LBTS. We are going to change the spot to meet, A diver from Fort Lauderdale sent a message that the parking is a lot better at Datura Avenue. It is only 1 block North of Hibiscus Avenue. We will meet at Datura Avenue for 11 am dives.
    Then after the dives we will be meeting back at Beachside Hotel on the beach for an afternoon of beach and supper. We are not sure if we will make supper and have it on the beach or go out for supper. We all can decide that that day. If we make it, we are asking everyone to pitch in a few dollars to help pay for it. It would be something simple made.
    See you all there. [​IMG] Have a wonderful week.
    MedFlame03
    aka Karen

9. DMDavid

DMDavid Divemaster

10. MedFlame03

MedFlame03 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    ATTENTION all.
    I just got the update for the tides at Blue Heron Bridge, West Palm Beach. on October 20th 2012. We are able to go diving at 11:45 to 1:45 pm. Please take note all of the times and please pass the word around.
    Thank you all and see you all there [​IMG]
    So much looking forward to it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.