Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on the time(s) i go up to the bridge - might end up using them to rent a tank from to cut down on extra driving and fuel costs.
unless someone has a better suggestion? i can't afford my own tank at the moment for various reasons. (unless i can find a used one for less than $100 that's in hydro & and can pass inspection - even an 80AL - i don't trust EBAY for tanks unless i know who i'm buying from.)

I drove over to the bridge early thursday and saw a variety of water conditions ranging from a greenish blue
to a very dark brackish color. There was an easy two foot chop within the inner-coastal so not only stirred up
water with the incoming tide but also a little bit of stirring up from the chop within the ICW.

depending on the time(s) i go up to the bridge - might end up using them to rent a tank from to cut down on extra driving and fuel costs.
unless someone has a better suggestion? i can't afford my own tank at the moment for various reasons. (unless i can find a used one for less than $100 that's in hydro & and can pass inspection - even an 80AL - i don't trust EBAY for tanks unless i know who i'm buying from.)

I read here on scubaboard of a place in southern Broward County that hydro tests tanks and sells them, sometimes advertising on craigslist. I think it is him that has a couple of aluminum tanks now on craigslist for $100. each. Anyway it sounded like an honorable place. I have not bought anything from him or met the seller.

Although you never know, I really doubt it will be dive-able. You might want to check with Dan Volker to see if he knows, as he lives in Lake Worth. I just bought a new camera system and am itching to dive with it again, but even I am not going to try it this weekend.

Its a weekend for relaxing and posting on the Board!

Jim they say the vis is Junk, my buddy stopped by there this morning (Force E). However they are doing some classes there tomorrow regardless as they've had to cancel for a while (This is what I heard). Conditions will be junk but I'm dying to get into the water even so. Will be fun practice.

---------- Post Merged on October 28th, 2012 at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 27th, 2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

0 Vis. I have no idea how the guys carved Pumpkins. You couldn't even see your computer right up to your face. I assume it'll be out of commission for a few weeks.. Felt amazing to hit the water first thing in the AM but definitely no diving there.

We were out there this morning for an UW pumpkin carving contest, the viz is about 6" if not a little less. It took two of us to carve a pumpkin, one to cut the other to try and hold the pumpkin and not being able to see your partner across from you. All done in the first 4' of the water column as the further you went down was just dark. The water level is up pretty high. The guard house had water up to just under the deck and the 2 picnic table were sitting in the water also. A boat was partlally sunk where the boat ramp is along with the docks over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom