Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHB report for last night's dive--84 degrees and 15 to 20 ft of viz dropping a lot when the tide changed. I see we have 15 knot winds out of the SSE this morning--could mean worsening viz for 'da bridge!:depressed:

A few photos from last Thursday.
FL_140918_0446.jpg

FL_140918_0422.jpg

FL_140918_0415.jpg

FL_140918_0312.jpg

BHB report for last night's dive--84 degrees and 15 to 20 ft of viz dropping a lot when the tide changed. I see we have 15 knot winds out of the SSE this morning--could mean worsening viz for 'da bridge!:depressed:

20 is being generous :) It felt like 10-15 all night and worse after slack. The temp was great! I can't wait to see my pictures.

So I bought a camera off ebay. It's an older model, but the price was right. Thank you DJTimmy for pointing out the auction and providing settings advice. These were taken with an old Nikon Coolpix 5400, Sea & Sea DX-5400 housing, and 2 YS-90 strobes. It was my first time using it and it took some figuring out, but I got "some" photos worth editing. I actually kept more photos than I thought I would.

DSCN0143.jpgDSCN0184.jpg

I'd also like to thank Scuba Mom & Dad for being patient with me as I kept taking pictures of nothing and letting me try to get a decent shot on the critters.

Greetings, Trolls! My wife and are excited to be coming down this Saturday 9/27. High slack tide appears to be 10:50 am. We've dived BHB only once before, this past April, and I hate to say we didn't see nearly as much as we had hoped. Despite the guy at Force-E carefully showing us where to go with that hand-sketched map they have, we wasted a lot of time trying to find our way and ended up meandering about and not even making it as far as the bridge pilings before we had to end the dive. Will any of you experienced people be around on Saturday to help steer us to some "good stuff'? :D

I'd also like to thank Scuba Mom & Dad for being patient with me as I kept taking pictures of nothing and letting me try to get a decent shot on the critters.

That's what scuba mom & dads are for. You were a star as usual! Looks like you will keep your troll status as you were "troll worthy" at the bridge and topped off by a trip to the super secret troll bar Brass Ring after the dive so, there is no question about it. Hope to see you diving soon!

And, it was your scuba mom who came back for you when the others left you behind..... bad dive buddies. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom