Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the new camera! Awesome. Hope to see lots of photos as you progress along, learning new settings.
Couple things I learned along the way.
1. If you are comfortable, do a solo dive with the purpose of learning the camera.. do the shopping carts or something like that. Fill the card up. The soft corals don't mind the multiple flashes.:)
2. Read the owner's manual. And if there is an advanced manual, read that too.

Good luck!

Oh I've been reading! Much of the reading doesn't sink in until you go take some pictures :). Then you get to experience how it reacts. Then go read the manual again and some of it will make sense.

A few photos from Sunday's twilight/night dive. We were in the water nearly 3 hours - parking lot was empty when we got out (~9:30). Lots of fun stuff out. First time I've seen a neon goby at the bridge.
FL_140921_0616.jpg FL_140921_0638.jpg FL_140921_0675.jpg

Weird encounter with a batfish under the east span. He was up on his front feet, lurching forward as he tried to choke down a worm. By the time I got positioned for a shot, he was backing out and ended up spitting out an easily foot long worm. Bit off more than he could chew, so to speak...
FL_140921_0679.jpg FL_140921_0680.jpg

FL_140921_0711.jpg FL_140921_0741.jpg FL_140921_0746.jpg

Really nice pictures! Really great meeting, diving, and eating with you! Hope to see you again, and I am sure I will if you dive with scuba mom and dad again! :)

So I bought a camera off ebay. It's an older model, but the price was right. Thank you DJTimmy for pointing out the auction and providing settings advice. These were taken with an old Nikon Coolpix 5400, Sea & Sea DX-5400 housing, and 2 YS-90 strobes. It was my first time using it and it took some figuring out, but I got "some" photos worth editing. I actually kept more photos than I thought I would.

View attachment 193832View attachment 193833

So I bought a camera off ebay. It's an older model, but the price was right. Thank you DJTimmy for pointing out the auction and providing settings advice. These were taken with an old Nikon Coolpix 5400, Sea & Sea DX-5400 housing, and 2 YS-90 strobes. It was my first time using it and it took some figuring out, but I got "some" photos worth editing. I actually kept more photos than I thought I would.

View attachment 193832View attachment 193833

A monster has been created. Have fun. :D

---------- Post added September 24th, 2014 at 11:30 PM ----------

A few photos from last Thursday.

View attachment 193723

Might that be a decorator crab who has just molted out of his decor?? Pretty cool!

Swim advisory at Phil Foster Park

No-swimming advisories issued at 3 Palm Beach County parks | www.palmbeachpost.com

[h=1]No-swimming advisories issued at 3 Palm Beach County parks[/h][h=2][/h]

By Matt Morgan
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
High bacteria levels in some local waters have yielded no swimming advisories in three Palm Beach County parks, according to a news release.
People should not try to swim at Dubois Park, Phil Foster Park or Kreusler Park until the water quality passes tests and the advisory is lifted, according to the Florida Department of Health.

The cause of the high bacteria levels is unknown but is usually associated with wildlife, heavy recreational usage, or runoff following heavy rains, the release said.

Eight photos from two dives on Monday - very early AM and a night dive. Had to have seen 8 or more pipefish this trip. Really weird how one critter or another pops out on a given trip. In August, it was frogfish; this time, pipefish.

FL_140922_0764.jpg FL_140922_0857.jpg

Went back and shot more of the sailfin blenny on Tuesday - with mirror. I continue to be amazed a the camouflage these decorator crabs can pull off.
FL_140922_0793.jpg FL_140922_0826.jpg

Happy to have finally found a tongue fish. Didn't stick around long, but got off a few shots. Second shot is a juvy Atlantic Spadefish.
FL_140922_0890.jpg FL_140922_0936.jpg

FL_140922_0961.jpg FL_140922_0978.jpg

Really weird how one critter or another pops out on a given trip. In August, it was frogfish; this time, pipefish.

Not really, it's why we enjoy going as often as we do. It's always changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom