Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, Thanks for showing me what I could not see!! Lomanotus, I think. I could sorta see what you were pointing out, but on my 3 inch screen, jeez! It just looked like the rest of that hydroid!

We dove today and conditions were a little better, 20 ft viz at the start and still 82 degree water..........We went east today and the viz improved as we went east along the snorkel trail, up to maybe 25-30ft on the east end of the trail and on toward the bridge. We made dives during 3 hi tides in a row and my best moments were seeing an Eagle Ray a bunch of times under the west bridge on Friday morning. It swung by us about 6 times with one approach so close I couldn't take a picture. We also saw a big southern ray in the same area.

Can someone provide me a link to a good tide prediction site for BHB. Looking to come down on the 25th and need tide info. Thanks

My wife took a picture of a tube anemone eating a jellyfish!

LZK5396.jpg

Quick question.... If I go down to BHB and just want to jump in to work on my bouyance for a larger 120 steel tank (borrowing one from a friend to do a wreck dive later the same day) will I need a dive flag if I stay near the beach? Thanks

Quick question.... If I go down to BHB and just want to jump in to work on my bouyance for a larger 120 steel tank (borrowing one from a friend to do a wreck dive later the same day) will I need a dive flag if I stay near the beach? Thanks

Yes assuming you have a reg and a mask. Or mask and snorkel.

http://www.dive-flag.com/Florida.html

Could you get away with it? Possibly. Also the requirement is to be within 100 feet of a flag. On a weekend at high tide I don't think you can get more than 50 feet of a dive flag if you wanted to assuming you didn't even bring one. :)

A few pics from the last few days including some more Moon "pies" being consumed!! This one got plastered up against the scaffolding by the incoming tide.IMG_6893.jpgIMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6903.jpgIMG_6951.jpg

Yesterday, the baitfish were incredible right off the entry, attracting lots of jacks to feed on them. Less today, but quite a few small Barracuda visiting for the same reason! I saw some Almaco Jacks today as well. Temp 82, viz 15ft.

Last Friday morning this Eagle Ray swung by 6 times--the last was this close! All the way wide angle, a foot away from EdT and I!
IMG_6873.jpg

I did 2 dives on Friday with Jimw, DiveDivaDM, and T.C.. Met up with DjTimmy and Will (not sure of user name) for the night dive. I'm still trying to figure my camera out. During the day one strobe would flash brighter than the other and then it would do the same in reverse. Then both would flash really bright or both too dim. *Sigh*... The good news, it worked great on the night dive! I got some more octo action, which was cool. My strobe got attacked by a small eel which Jimw pointed out to me. DjTimmy told me he didn't like taking photos of decorator crabs because you can't see them in the photos... He was right. :/ Tons of moon jellies on the west after the tide shifted in the morning dive, and I didn't wait around for it on the night dive.

DSCN0318.jpgDSCN0358.jpgDSCN0376.jpgDSCN0382.jpgDSCN0384.jpgDSCN0393.jpgDSCN0396.jpgDSCN0405.jpgDSCN0408.jpgDSCN0415.jpgDSCN0418.jpgDSCN0419.jpgDSCN0427.jpgDSCN0429.jpgDSCN0440.jpgDSCN0442.jpgDSCN0444.jpgDSCN0449.jpgDSCN0452.jpgDSCN0461.jpg

We went yesterday with the Diva going east with William and Ro, and me going west with nudi hunter MattZ. Temp 82, viz 25 at the best, but mostly less; and variable over the dive--I wondered why, I mentioned to William I had seen a bunch of Mullet digging the bottom and he suggested they were creating the low viz rather than rototilling divers--that makes sense, so I will go with that!

IMG_6962.jpgIMG_6967.jpgIMG_6982.jpg

It has been suggested that the critter on the right is a sort of anemone and I am guessing that is correct with the central point I see. I must look it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom