Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjp63

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Curious to know if anyone has ever experienced the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. I relocated from NorCal to Santa Fe about a year ago and only recently learned about this dive site.

"Santa Rosa is the home of the most unique geological phenomenon in the Southwest, the famous Blue Hole, which is often referred to as "Nature's Jewel". The Blue Hole is an 81 foot deep natural artesian spring. This beautiful bell shaped pool delivers up to 3,000 gallons of water per minute and remains a constant 64 degree temperature, permitting diving all year round. Due to it's amazing clarity, Blue Hole has become a favorite location for many scuba divers, photographers and sightseers."

I'm a solo diver (can't talk the mrs. into it) and was hoping that someone in the area may want to buddy up.

I haven't been there but I have an internet friend who goes there frequently. It's not a very large place but the water is crystal clear. The photos she posts are amazing! Click Here for a link to photos of her recent Rescue class there.

Back
Top Bottom